Author Topic: Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue  (Read 16201 times)

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2022, 10:10:42 PM »
So in a nutshell what are you going to do.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2022, 10:19:05 PM »
So in a nutshell what are you going to do.
Wait for the final response from Honda UK then have to look into what can be done - likely will have to take legal advice. I don’t expect Honda UK will actually come up with any reasonable solutions.

Dealer today said software programming can take many months (if at all more likely) if Honda decide to try and find a bug.

Four and a half months so far, with seven trips to a dealer with no result is clearly a faulty car that’s not working as it should.

I need reliable phone connection and sat nav/traffic for nearly every trip as I do a big mileage.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2022, 10:35:34 PM »
Think I would be selling it. You have put up with it far to long

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2022, 05:31:26 AM »
Interesting comment from Noel about maybe an app on the phone.

As I posted a while ago, I installed the free/trial TomTom Go on my Android phone and that caused serious delays. Once fully booted all infotainment interaction was very slow. Each button press took about 2 seconds to register and act on the press. Typing in a destination address on the headunit was painful

Even when I switched to the inbuilt Garmin the button presses were very slow. Uninstalled TT Go and all back to normal.

I've also read about delays caused by streaming music from phone to infotainment and the way it tries to pick up where it left off causing a delay.

Who knows ?

I think my test would be an unpair and headunit reset.  Try that for a few days then depending on what happens introduce the phone.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2022, 06:28:10 AM »

Who knows ?

I think my test would be an unpair and headunit reset.  Try that for a few days then depending on what happens introduce the phone.

Thanks, unfortunately I must have sat nav and phone as they are both essential for me.

Recently I've been taking someone for hospital visits, 8-10 startups/trip sections over half a day and travelling through rush hour traffic in greater London for them all, so traffic and sat nav essential to get through it.

Phone connection also essential to be able to speak with them for collection and pickup as there is no parking nearby.

No issues on any other car I've owned, just this one - issues going on for 4.5 months and no one at Honda seems to know what's going on (or care.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 06:33:46 AM by sportse »

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2022, 06:32:40 AM »
Think I would be selling it. You have put up with it far to long

Yes, it's somewhat stressful when you are trying to get going for a trip to hospital and the car won't let you connect your phone again; or you are sitting there waiting for the head unit to decide to boot up again.

Just waiting to hear back from Honda now - already decided it has to go at some point as I've lost all faith in them as a brand with the way these issues haven't been dealt with.

Considering the amount I paid, and that it's a brand new car, it's actually the worst one I've ever owned :(

I've heard of someone locally who had a front camera failure on their 21 Jazz... several months ago and Honda expects them to still be driving the car with no camera systems and a big warning message! First they were told it's a hardware fault, now software and no end in sight for all their issues.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 06:59:27 AM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2022, 06:57:06 AM »
Given current used prices I wonder if you'd lose much

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2022, 07:02:39 AM »
Given current used prices I wonder if you'd lose much

Not much on the car, but it's the 5 year warranty and service plan I paid extra for - the T&C's seem to say that they aren't refundable.

Yet, on other brands you get a refund for the unused portion of them. The warranty for years 4 and 5 hasn't even started yet so should be fully refundable if they were reasonable - yet doesn't seem to be.

However, you must be given the T&C's at the start so you can cancel within 14 days I believe... except Honda only posts out the documents once a quarter.

Huge legal mess, as you'd win with them failing to issue the T&C's immediately but it's the hassle.

Then it would likely kick off a class action lawsuit, as everyone who bought a Honda and wasn't given the extended warranty/service plan documents immediately also has a case.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 05:29:12 PM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2022, 04:50:18 AM »
I wonder if this would help those with Carplay issues ? :

https://carlinkitbox.com/products/carlinkit-4-0-wireless-carplay-android-auto

Warning : My only reservation is that this is from a first post from a Canadian owner on Civinfo so his credentials can't be guaranteed but I've posted for info.

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
« Reply #219 on: October 01, 2022, 08:28:22 PM »
Just to add my experience with iPhone 12/13 and currently iOS 16 I have no issues 9 times out of 10. Very rarely the phone doesn’t connect and I tap connect a few times for about 30 seconds and then CarPlay loads. I use CarPlay wirelessly as the phone never leaves my pocket, and Apple Maps as it is superior to 3rd party maps. Siri loads the destination I want and real-time traffic is accurate. I am happy with the tech.

Tags:

anything