Author Topic: Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue  (Read 16401 times)

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2022, 05:44:38 AM »
Having the Garmin with no traffic is pointless.

Yes, I’ve only ever used my built in sat nav once, and don’t bother upgrading the maps now as I’ll never use it.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2022, 05:46:47 AM »
Guess what
We in Israel getting Jazz without navigation that built in infotainment, when i asked why i get answer that garmin not have map for Israel, how this can be possible?
For standalone gps navigation from garmin map exits so should be available for infotainment to.
When I searched in google I found evidence that honda infotainment in many cars messing up gps signal for iPhone (when used wireless it should use only car gps if usb connected it’s uses both iPhone and car gps), when iPhone connected wireless  gps signal becomes weaker, no matter where I placed iPhone , wrong car position present on every gps navigation app, when car stopped in navigation app car still moving , when already leave runabout on app i still not entered this runabout, when i listening for turn by turn navigation and siri said turn it’s to late to turn….
Car gps itself working good, no problem with android auto wireless navigation  at all.
Thanks, that explains the issue I have sometimes where the car position and the gps don’t match.

It makes it difficult to navigate junctions close together, as the gps position is out by a few hundred meters.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2022, 07:15:26 AM »
I'm getting the impression that Google Android and Apple don't get along.

Not surprised as Apple like to keep things secret. I assume Android updates take AA into account so less compatibility problems.

As already posted, it's likely Carplay was developed and tested years before the infotainment was released and Apple will have made numerous changes since then.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2022, 03:35:39 PM »
I'm getting the impression that Google Android and Apple don't get along.

You may be absolutely right - I had the worrying response from HQ technical department today about my iPhone issues... have you got an android phone? Why not use that instead!

Also another worrying reply about the start up delays, saying the cache clearing is normal... but they previously told me it was only supposed to do it once every 20 hours, not regularly every few days!

I'm left with the impression they have no idea what's going on and would rather I just went away and put up with all their problems which affect me on many trips.

In the US they have the lemon law, I don't think we have anything similar in the UK?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 03:38:33 PM by sportse »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2022, 04:25:04 PM »
You only normally read about people with problems

I wonder how many members here with MK4 Jazz are using CarPlay with up to date iOS without issue ?
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Apple CarPlay occasional connection issue
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2022, 04:35:44 PM »
You only normally read about people with problems

I wonder how many members here with MK4 Jazz are using CarPlay with up to date iOS without issue ?
There are a fair number on the Facebook Jazz owners club with problems unfortunately.

All latest phones running latest OS, but as you said I think Honda wants you to use an android phone.

Their head unit runs what appears to be a very old version of android, that’s not been updated since launch.

Toyota updated their head unit software every time there was a new map with my Auris. Plus the update process was easy - download map/software to usb & put usb in car. That’s it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:38:02 PM by sportse »

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2022, 05:14:42 PM »
It could also be related to use - I've had my car for 11 months now and driven 17,000 miles.

Car is powered up for 20+ hours a week with driving (I've been tracking hours switched on for the start up and connection problems recently.)

Maybe they designed the Mk4 systems assuming a much lower usage as a city car only?

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2022, 05:50:08 PM »
I’m using carplay wired and also remote with iOS 15.5 no issues whatsoever since resets months ago. Also Garmin Nav is spot on

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2022, 05:54:41 PM »
I’m using carplay wired and also remote with iOS 15.5 no issues whatsoever since resets months ago. Also Garmin Nav is spot on
For me, it’s only ever wired CarPlay- always using the latest OS.

Standard 128Gb iPhone 13.

Yet I have boot delays, can’t connect issues and satellite position errors. The same as others are reporting.

Car is a 21MY EX.

Numerous resets, software update and new infotainment control unit have done nothing (actually made things worse) - I still have the same issues.

FYI I don’t believe you can have both wired and wireless CarPlay connections unless you disable Bluetooth/WiFi before plugging in - on mine, even with the cable plugged in it’s still using wireless CarPlay unless I do this.

An easy way to check is the delay in changing music track - it’s much longer on wireless CarPlay.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 06:47:03 PM by sportse »

NoelM

• Approved Member
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2022, 07:37:26 PM »
I didn’t say I had wired and remote at the same time.
No delay between changing music tracks.
When plugged in mine operates as wired.
When not plugged in it’s wireless without altering anything.
Sounds to me like your settings are messed up. Or your phone is causing issues. Maybe app interference.

Surprised you have put up with it for this long. If it was me I would have sold it a while back

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2022, 07:37:27 PM »
Something I’m going to try:

I’ve reset the infotainment unit & deleted the car from the phone.

Then I’ve reset them and only set the phone up to use wireless CarPlay only.

I have the phone plugged into the power port now, not the data port.

I’ll see if it makes any difference.

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2022, 07:39:26 PM »

Surprised you have put up with it for this long. If it was me I would have sold it a while back

Indeed.

It was only when I looked at my diary I realised it’s been 4.5 months ! And 7 dealer visits too.

Having been a Honda owner for years with both an accord and a civic I’m really disappointed with the service I’ve had.

I’m seriously doubting I’ll ever buy another one :(

Very sad as I loved my previous Hondas. 

NoelM

• Approved Member
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2022, 07:53:06 PM »
I have been purchasing Honda cars since 1994. Had civics petrol and diesel (lost count), civic type R (3), Accord sport, CRX del sol vti, jazz (3), integra, HRV sport.
The worst cars sad to say were the civics built in the UK.

Only issues with this Jazz purchased March 21 has been EGR valve failure at under 2000 miles and the infotainment issues that were resolved with multiple resets over one weekend.

I f I was you I would be sitting in the dealership demonstrating how unhappy I was with both the dealership and Honda uk

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2022, 08:05:39 PM »
Thanks, I have a case raised with Honda UK as well as the dealer and Honda technical.

The dealer have been doing their best, but limited in what support they get from Honda on technical issues sadly.

My impression is that tech support has been outsourced, along with warranty documents that take months to arrive unfortunately.

Honda UK couldn’t raise a case unless you had been to the dealer within the last 30 days and jumped through loads of hoops to prove your identity.

If you have an issue that requires manufacturer help, they should be right there quickly and with knowledge from their own experts/teams who designed the car themselves.

The interim reply from Honda technical today was awful.

Once they issue their final reply then Honda UK can issue theirs.

I’m not holding out much hope for decent help though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 08:20:36 PM by sportse »

sportse

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2022, 08:16:15 PM »
FYI, in order to apply to complain to Honda you have to provide the below information:

•      REG
•      VIN
•      Approximate mileage of the vehicle:
•      Dealerships involved and date of last inspection at Honda Authourised Dealership
•      Photos/scanned copies of p. 1 and p. 2 of V5 logbook

Only after that has been supplied can the case be registered to be considered by the 'escalations team'… who requires proof of a dealership visit in the last 30 days.

Pass all these trials and you will have registered a complaint and they will then initially reply... but will be looking for reports from dealers and technical before they can finally reply in detail.

Based on the interim technical reply today, it's maybe not even Honda engineers themselves.

I registered complaints about iPhone issues... and they ask me to use an android phone. They initially told me one start up delay every 20 hours was normal… then tried to go back on that rather than fix the problem.

I believe customer services may just be an outsourced call centre, maybe handling several manufacturers/countries?

All the manufacturer should need is the registration number to bring up all the records of your car. And a complaint should only need one email to be set up, not a complicated application process.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 09:25:09 PM by sportse »

Tags:

anything