Author Topic: What other cars there are as Easy to drive & Reliable as Jazz- But More Space?  (Read 1432 times)

tomreys

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz
Think I need to start looking for another car as the salt on the roads here has seriously ruined my Jazz over the past years I have had it, garage said they don't think they will be able to pass the car next year due to rust :(
That thing killed my previous cr-v as well :(

The thing is I really love the Jazz, when I look on the road other cars might be better looking, however rarely any has seats that folds completely so you have a small Van to carry stuff around , rarely any has the visibility/ease of driving & ease parking of a Jazz , It's a complete doodle to drive the thing... I share the car with other person who Isn't very confident at driving and only started driving again as they had the access to the Jazz.

I have checked out the MK3 Jazz, however I felt the overall visibility/ window size was much much worse than for the MK1 I have, Felt like a completely different car...

What other cars there are like the Jazz but something that has more room for the rear passengers? So 3 adults can sit in back in comfort, Mk1 really only is good for 2 adults in rear and they won't be in comfort in any way...
But has the same ease of driving, ease of parking, excellent visibility all around as the Mk1 jazz has?

I do not really want to look at the french made things or vauxalls/fords / VW group  due to reliability issues with those..

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
I think you are going to struggle to find a car that comfortably sits three adults in the back.  But check out the HR-V, it has more room in the back than it does in the front.

Same seating configuration as the Jazz but a bit more roomy.

guest4871

Unless you are looking for a brand new car, why not a Mk2? I prefer it to the Mk3 for all the reasons you are describing.
Plus you wouldn't have the bother of all the driver assist stuff on the Mk3.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Of course it depends on your budget but a quick look through Honest John's car reviews gave some possibilities. The Kia Venga seems to fit the bill. I seem to recall the Nissan Note has a bit more rear seat room, don't know if it'd be enough. Perhaps the Hyundai i20?
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
CRV?
My experience of the CRV was it was a lot bigger outside but (with all the extra padding), only marginally bigger inside. Mind you, I only had it for a day and didn't try humphing stuff about.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
My experience of the CRV was it was a lot bigger outside but (with all the extra padding), only marginally bigger inside. Mind you, I only had it for a day and didn't try humphing stuff about.

I don't think you are far wrong. We had access to a nearly new CRV for a while, it was a lovely car and the 9-speed auto gearbox was fabulous, but it wasn't much more practical than the Jazz - the boot was larger in floor area, but I don't think there was much in it with the seats down, volume wise. The seating was nice, but it didn't feel particularly roomy.

tomreys

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Jazz

I don't think you are far wrong. We had access to a nearly new CRV for a while, it was a lovely car and the 9-speed auto gearbox was fabulous, but it wasn't much more practical than the Jazz - the boot was larger in floor area, but I don't think there was much in it with the seats down, volume wise. The seating was nice, but it didn't feel particularly roomy.

That was the thing with my old CRV, from outside it was certainly chunkier, a bit more legroom in rear, but I could stuff more stuff inside the Jazz. Long stuff like timber were easier to transport in Jazz as well + could stuff in way more..

I have no idea why Jazz is called super-mini, as it's more practical & can transport more stuff than cars above its class, I mostly like it very  much because of the ability to transport it in a small van with no faff.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack

Stick to Japanese & Korean makes drive cars you like on familiar roads.
Whatever car you enjoy driving = the car for you.

Tags: