Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Values of convergence
« Last post by Wonder on September 27, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
Hello,
thanks for the explanations,
I understand the speech perfectly,
but in fact I was amazed by the reported values
ideal 0.0 mm
tolerance + or - 2.0 mm
Unfortunately in these days I will be away and I will not be able to follow the discussion, I will update myself when I return.
Thanks everyone for the information.
Greetings
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Squeaking sound after a period of highway driving
« Last post by manob9001 on September 27, 2022, 11:51:24 AM »
I was supposed to post the exact same problem. I noticed the squeaking noise now twice while driving in the motorway. My car is Jazz 2008 1330 CC (GD1). Mileage is around 234K and the yearly maintenance was accomplished recently (Surprisingly I noticed the noise after the yearly maintenance). During the maintenance the spark plugs were replaced.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: What tools are my Honda Jazz missing?
« Last post by embee on September 27, 2022, 11:43:47 AM »
As above.
The only other comment I'd make is that the jacking points on my 2018 Jazz have a fairly wide folded part of the seam, something like 10mm wide, and the jack top needs to have a suitable groove feature to fit over this.

I bought a "used" Honda spacesaver wheel from fleabay (double check the correct size/tyre spec for your model), it had never been fitted to a car though. I actually got a 15" foam insert and jack etc intended for another car (Hyundai??) and slightly modified the top of the jack to suit the Jazz.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: You are not going to believe this
« Last post by Jeff15 on September 27, 2022, 11:36:20 AM »
Thursday is going to be change over day.... :)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: steering wheel
« Last post by ndavey1 on September 27, 2022, 10:51:15 AM »
My 70 plate also is to the right when going straight. Still the same after service.
« Last post by TnTkr on September 27, 2022, 10:47:57 AM »
One other thing that should be in the car somewhere is a key for the locking wheel nuts. It may be in the unidentified white box, or possibly the previous owner kept it in the glovebox.

This may be depending on the market area. Mine, which I bought from Luxembourg, does not have locking wheel nuts as standard.
« Last post by Karoq on September 27, 2022, 10:38:34 AM »

Definitely.
I had a brand new Mitsubishi years ago with a skewed steering wheel. Geometry was adrift
I would also insist they check the steering geometry at the same time. NOT just taking the steering wheel of and back on.
New as in NEW? Or new to you? if the latter they should check the tyres for damage as well as it well have had a serious close encounter with a curb!!
« Last post by Karoq on September 27, 2022, 10:36:46 AM »
Definitely.
UI had a Mitsubishi years ago with a skewed steering wheel.
I would also insist they check the steering geometry at the same time. NOT just taking the steering wheel of and back on.
We assume the car is new, not second hand? if the latter they should check the tyres for damage as well as it well have had a serious close encounter with a curb!!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Hybrid..is it the future?
« Last post by Karoq on September 27, 2022, 10:32:43 AM »
Since my driving is very short trips during the week with an 80 mile round trip every other weekend a PHEV would be ideal for me. I have registered my interest with Horizon for the HR-V (by another name) PHEV due early next year.
One thing that will stop me buying it is if they fir a huge 'portrait' screen like Tesla have, with only touch controls for everything. i hate them. All the reviewers praised Honda for sticking with real knobs for the heating control. If they go touch only in future it will be a BIG mistake IMO.
My Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV would charge the battery with the ICE whilst driving, but the consumption suffered greatly. In hybrid mode on a journey it would do 55mpg (whilst NOT charging!) Not bad for a 2 ton 'brick' and the same as the HR-V e:HEV. I charged it using a granny cable about twice a week, taking 5 hours, overnight from flat to full. But it's E mileage was pathetic . Best 23miles in the summer 18 in the winter.
Unfortunately I had not got my head in the right place and found that it affected my enjoyment as I became paranoid about E mileage, instead of just letting it get on with the job. Also the screen was so over complicated it drove me bonkers finding what I wanted. Again I should have just let it do it's own thing.
If Honda don't get off the pot with a PHEV, I will probably go with the new Niro PHEV, which is a fantastic car with a claimed battery range of 40mpg.
I think there will be a HUGE rush for ICE cars in the autumn of '28 to beat the ban. Second hand prices for ICE cars will, in my opinion shoot up at the same time.
« Last post by TnTkr on September 27, 2022, 10:30:01 AM »
So a jack is not included by default? Where Im from, we are required by law to change to winter tires. How am i supposed to change tires without one? So to me, this is strange.... but then again, this is the first car I've owned. Do the jack need to have some kind of speciel adapter to fit the jack-points in the car? Or will any jack do?

What does mk2 mean? Im guessing this is a version of Honda Jazz?

In the bottom compartment... the red thing?? Yes that is a warning triangle. The white box above it... I have no clue. Think it was some kind of adapter.

As others have already stated, when the Jazz is fitted with the emergency tyre repair kit, it is not equipped with the jack and wrench. In many cars it is stated in user's manual, that the jack is intended for emergency use only, not for seasonal tyre change. Therefore I recommend that you purchase a better, i.e. more reliable and stable jack for seasonal winter/summer tyre change. Genuine Honda jack is ridiculously priced and made in China. If you have a hard surface to work, then a proper, good quality trolley jack is the most convenient.

If you want original Honda tools, here are the numbers and prices I paid:
89211-S05-003 Wrench, wheel    34,30
89310-T5A-E01 Jack    129,53

And if you want to replace the repair kit with a proper full size spare wheel, like I did, please see the post #40 on my thread: https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12071.msg96644#msg96644. I have listed there all needed items and product numbers for the conversion.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]