Author Topic: Radio replacement  (Read 930 times)

andyx

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2003 jazz auto
Radio replacement
« on: November 07, 2020, 04:46:11 PM »
Hi all
The radio on my 2003 jazz doesnt work (cd does) I want to replace it with a single din radio that has a hands free phone facility, is this possible or should i be looking at another hands free option.

Si Crewe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 Jazz S
Re: Radio replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 07:57:36 PM »
It's possible.

Whether it's worth the effort, or not, is up to you.

Google "Mk1 Honda Jazz din conversion" and you'll find the replacement dashboard facia you need (assuming you don't plan on just butchering the OEM panel) for about £40.

Just had the stereo out of mine and it's not as straightforward as Youtube would have you believe.

Technically, it is just a case of one screw to remove the cover from the bottom of the heater controls and then 2 more screws inside the bottom of the facia panel but  the screws are bloodyhard to reach and the heater cables mean the panel doesn't want to move very far.

I found it helped to remove the glove box interior and then disconnect the white/yellow heater cables from the heater so they're loose, which'll give you a lot more wiggle-room to move the facia panel around and undo all the screws that attach the heater controls to it.

If you decide to buy the facia panel with the standard DIN hole in it, let me know and I can talk you through pulling it all to bits in greater detail.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 07:59:17 PM by Si Crewe »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 08:03:55 PM »
My radio failed, and I bought a regulator, but I will only fit it if I have to remove the radio for some other work. The CD player works, and I can play my i-pod through the Aux socket. But at the moment I am happy to drive without music in the car. The CD slot is currently the fixing for my sat-nav.

andyx

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2003 jazz auto
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 09:37:30 PM »
It's possible.

Whether it's worth the effort, or not, is up to you.

Google "Mk1 Honda Jazz din conversion" and you'll find the replacement dashboard facia you need (assuming you don't plan on just butchering the OEM panel) for about £40.

Just had the stereo out of mine and it's not as straightforward as Youtube would have you believe.

Technically, it is just a case of one screw to remove the cover from the bottom of the heater controls and then 2 more screws inside the bottom of the facia panel but  the screws are bloodyhard to reach and the heater cables mean the panel doesn't want to move very far.

I found it helped to remove the glove box interior and then disconnect the white/yellow heater cables from the heater so they're loose, which'll give you a lot more wiggle-room to move the facia panel around and undo all the screws that attach the heater controls to it.

If you decide to buy the facia panel with the standard DIN hole in it, let me know and I can talk you through pulling it all to bits in greater detail.
Thanks for that think I'll look for another option

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2020, 09:24:05 AM »
You can get the 2DIN conversion facia on AliExpress for less than £25 if you want to go down that route. Would be rather smart with a 2DIN touch screen android radio/satnav head unit...

link added: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001308016810.html

If you could only fit the steering rack from a mk.2 as well, the mk.1 would be damn near perfect  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 11:10:56 AM by sparky Paul »

Tags: