Author Topic: Grinding noise on hard turn  (Read 28686 times)

guest5315

Re: Grinding noise on hard turn
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2015, 04:32:00 PM »
Thats the noise alright and yes the Jazz does have plates like in the video which can be bent back. I tried that on mine and it is not the front plates, it has been suggested it is the rears ones but as yet I have not had time to check them. The plates are easy to bend back and if they have been catching there will be evidence of rubbing. See how yours are, hope its an easy fix for you.

guest5315

• Topic Starter
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 01:34:12 PM »
I finally found time to inspect my rear brake disk covers, both seem fine and clear from the disk itself with no signs of rubbing. Interestingly both the brake disk screws are missing from my N/S disk, I shouldn't think that should make any difference? After all the wheel is bolted over it.

2flit

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2021, 02:33:45 AM »
We have exactly the same problem. Scraping on right hand turns. This happens sporatically. When it appears, it stays present for the remainder of the trip. It only happens at speed on right turns. The higher the speed for a given turn radius.. the louder the scraping sound. The sound does NOT happen at low speeds like in a parking lot. At 10-20 mph the sound is usually not present and if it is at this low speed it is very quiet. Very noticable at 35 mpoh and above on a circle. There is no knocking, rumbeling, or ticking. It is a metal scraping sound ONLY on fairy tight right handers

fashionphotography

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2021, 07:43:47 AM »
think i posted a reply before on this .. best thing is to remove the caliper and carrier on the drivers side rear . gently turn the hub and see if you can hear something .. i had to remove the rear Disc and found its the cowel part of the backplate you cant see it until you remove the brake Disc. it was scraping the edge of the back of the hub . in my case it was catching one of the back of the wheel studs. but yes easy to just pry away with a screwdriver
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 07:51:16 AM by fashionphotography »

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2021, 09:33:02 PM »
How bizarre. I too had this grinding noise as driving off from being stationery three weeks ago.
I went to the local recycling place and when I started my return journey this rather noisy grinding noise came from underneath the car.
Check underneath to whether if something got stuck but couldn't find anything.
Stopped twice to see if any changes but no changes.
I then had to stop the car two wheels on the pavement ( left side) and wait 5 minutes before driving off.
Then the noise has gone.
Have I got a time bomb sort of a problem do you think?
It's been three weeks since then and did around 300 miles afterwards and thanks god that sound didn't return.
Should I get the car checked you rekon, and what exactly I should ask the garage to check upon please?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2021, 10:20:58 PM »
Could have been a stone lodged between the disc and the backplate. Bumping up on the kerb may have dislodged it.

Tags:

anything