Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: shaking at 50mph
« Last post by madasafish on April 12, 2024, 07:28:47 PM »
Get wheels balanced
New Members / Re: New Jazz Advance
« Last post by coldstart on April 12, 2024, 07:12:05 PM »
My initial gut feeling is i will extend the Honda warranty for another 2 years to give it 5, especially as I feel I am driving an Apple Mac at times !  Also with the issue over the brake simulator that seems to afflict models from around the 2020 ish era...

Welcome to the Jazz world  :)

I will do the same as the lack of any decent response from Honda (so far) regarding the brake simulator issue is quite disconcerting.
(and I thought as well I would be stepping up from the VAG-"quality"-nightmare when buying the Jazz...)

Let's all hope Honda will come to think better of this one and live up to their reputation!

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by coldstart on April 12, 2024, 06:55:37 PM »
Yesterday I received a call from the owner of the dealership, who I have never met.  He told me that he had heard I was an unhappy customer, asked for brief deatils of the issues and then stated that I was now banned, together with my car, from ever going to any of the Honda dealerships he owns in the local area.  Total call time - less than 5 minutes.

What an absolute a**!  (pardon my french)

This dealership should be "banned" from any customers to eternity!

The owner has absolutely failed to understand that any justified complaint is:
a) a chance to better themselves
b) a compliment (because the unsatisfied customer thinks they could perform better)

The Mk2 is a great choice. It is much larger inside than a Yaris and is more engaging to drive.

I owned a 1.2 for four years and drove it from 0 to 100k kilometers with an average consumption of 59 mpg (4.8 l/100km). The 1.2 versions are more basic than most 1.4 versions, but I did not mind. I actually liked the manual aircon; easy to switch on and off and the latter saves quite a bit of fuel.

Only time I missed the 1.4 was while driving on the German Autobahn with 4 people and luggage. Then it was underpowered. It felt quit nippy when driving alone.

Enjoy!
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / shaking at 50mph
« Last post by dave456 on April 12, 2024, 05:00:24 PM »
Hi Members i have a 2008 cvt Jazz been on motorway today got to 50 mph and the car started shaking violently  slowed it down then went back up to 50 mph and it was ok past 50 the mpg is at 36 mpg any body had this problem Dave
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by madasafish on April 12, 2024, 03:57:37 PM »
Well done guys  (and girls). Although I am unaffected, I sympathise and support you all.

Keep at it: and remember keep notes of all phone calls  as well as correspondence. This could very likely end up as a class action suit and you want to preserve all the evidence.

As for a dealer banning a customer, I suggest trying to have a phone conversation with the dealer, record it all and then go to your local press.   The epithet I want to use for this behaviour would get me banned 8)
Thank you so much for your reply.

I have been working for the Honda F1 Team in MK until they decided to pull out of F1.

I am a fan of Japanese cars in general.

I am not a big fan of CVT gearboxes because if the maintenance is not done properly, as a second-hand buyer, you risk a failure. Also, reconditioning a CVT gearbox is really expensive.

I am aware that the Jazz's fuel consumption is not good compared to a Toyota Yaris. However, I prefer having more space in a car because I am a tall guy with big feet. I tried to test drive a Toyota Yaris, and I can say that the small car was not designed for tall people with big feet.

All in all, I will definitely buy a Honda Jazz with a manual gearbox, with a full service history, and I will make frequent oil changes at home every 6k with good quality oil like Shell Helix Ultra A5/B5 0W-30 or 5W-30.

Have a lovely day.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Welcome to the forum Andrew.  :D

To answer your questions:

The 1.4 has more go than the 1.2. Also easier to find on the market, so I would choose that.

The auto gearbox provided serviced correctly is reliable. However, the manual I would suggest would be the more trouble free of the two.

The cat is up in the engine bay, and thefts have not been reported on the forum. Sadly, it is the MK1 that has the cat in a prone position, and thefts do occur.

Clutch? Well, buying a used car the life of the clutch will depend on its previous use. However, my car has 135k on the clock and is on the original clutch and exhaust.

You're on the money with regular oil changes and the timing chain. My Jazz has always had regular servicing, Honda for the first 8 stamps. In my ownership, it averages out at around every 7 or 8k miles mostly diy servicing. Cheap and easy to change too. At the moment I'm using Castrol 5w30 A5/B5 magnatec oil, in a Ford branded bottle. But little Jazz has had Comma oil and others in the past. The grade is more important that the brand imho. The timing chain makes no noise and is not an issue that comes up on the forum.

I've done >50k in under 4yrs in my car, and it hasn't missed a beat. It's only needed servicing per schedule, together with tyres and brakes as any car would.

It's a fine choice. Only drawback in my opinion is interior noise above 60mph on long journeys.

If you want to read up, manual is here: https://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html

HTH
 :)
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Torque setting
« Last post by Wilmo on April 12, 2024, 02:32:18 PM »
Thanks
set it at 22 but that should be good enough.
used some new bolts that had threadlock on already
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Garmin Map Update Procedure
« Last post by pebbles on April 12, 2024, 01:50:28 PM »
I contacted Garmin regarding the update not working.  This is their reply:

"I do apologise for the inconvenience however the Honda mapping has been temporarily disabled due to a bug during the update process.

Please be patient while we try to resolve this issue for you."

I had the same response , affecting the  Mk.3 Jazz too.

They are taking note of the email addresses of all those that have contacted them about the problem and will let us know as soon as it's fixed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything