Author Topic: Engine/Clutch Judder whilst moving slowly.  (Read 4396 times)

guest6630

Engine/Clutch Judder whilst moving slowly.
« on: February 26, 2017, 08:10:52 PM »
Hi, Has anybody experienced clutch or engine judder whilst manoeuvring slowly? I have a Jazz EX Navi manual which I purchased in November. The car was an ex Demonstrator with 1,440 miles on the clock, after collecting the car on arriving home it was clear there was something wrong with the clutch, I have to reverse the car down our driveway and between to pillars and this has to be done as slow as walking pace, so the car has to be controlled and balanced with the clutch and throttle at very low revs, Initially the car shuddered so violently whilst doing this that I knew there was a fault with the clutch, The car was taken back to dealer and a faulty clutch was diagnosed. The dealer said that a clutch fault on a MK3 Jazz was unheard of, However the clutch was replaced (but not the flywheel) and the problem all but disappeared, I do still have a slight Juddering whilst manoeuvring slowly either reversing or when pulling off eg  from a parking space in a busy car park etc. This judder seems more like the engine is trying die as it is on such low revs that it is impossible to move the car slowly without keeping blipping the throttle. again this has been back to the dealer who did some updates but cannot find any thing wrong, the service manager said that he thought it was just because of the lean burn engine reducing fuel as it was on tick over. I feel it may be a characteristic of the engine design. Has anybody experienced similar problems because this is spoiling an otherwise excellent car.
P.S I had my MK2 Jazz for 3 and a half years with absolutely no problems.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Engine/Clutch Judder whilst moving slowly.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 08:23:02 PM »
Yes I get very slight clutch judder on mine.  I also experienced it on a MK3 Jazz courtesy car.  To be honest it is so slight that I didn't even mention it when it went for it's annual service.

guest6570

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 08:42:24 PM »
I've also got the Mk3 EX Navi but don't have the clutch or engine judder you describe. I also have to reverse into quite a long narrow driveway to get to my garage and need to take it very slowly. It seems quite smooth and quiet, especially as I've been used to driving diesel cars for years previously.

I got mine last month with 50 miles on the clock, again an ex-demo model (pre-registered) and have now done about 750 miles with no problems (touch wood). Hope this isn't an issue that becomes a problem for me but good luck sorting yours out.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:35:28 AM »
I was going to say "Was your last car a diesel?" But the dealer replacing the clutch indicates that they saw a problem. I had driven diesels for many years before my Jazz and it took a while to get used to it and for smooth progress to be resumed!

Madelvic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: EX Navi
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 04:58:38 PM »
Have a look at my update on the Gearbox / Clutch issues post.  We had similar and new gearbox mount fixed the problem

Paul Williams

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2019 jazz SE 1300
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 03:55:34 PM »
Re clutch judder, yes I am suffering exactly the same problem on my 2020 pre reg Mk 3. On purchase the vehicle’s mileage was virtually zero and was hoping the judder might correct itself but sadly at just under 2,0000 miles the problem is just the same .I’ve been back to the dealership but so far they’ve not sorted it.Sorry for late reply I’ve just joined the forum.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 08:03:07 PM »
Quite common issue for this model.
My dealer, after my complaint, told me that they tried to change the clutch assembly  on a Jazz but the car went on juddering.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 08:44:18 PM »
Have a look at my update on the Gearbox / Clutch issues post.  We had similar and new gearbox mount fixed the problem

i had my gearbox mount replaced under warranty but didnt have any clutch judder, the loaner car i had for my last service had creak noise from the mount a lot worse than my car was and i noticed it was not the new design mount when i had a look under the bonnet 

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2021, 09:54:34 AM »
Update.
SOLVED
In my 1.3 2017 Jazz, clutch judder has virtually disappeared after brake and clutch fluid change.
I don't know if the problem has been solved by bleeding the clutch hydraulic circuit or if a new and better fluid was required (ATE SL6 Dot4), but I must say that after a week of usage my clutch is new and also the brake pedal gives a better solid response.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 12:02:34 PM by jazzaro »

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2021, 01:47:10 AM »
 deleted

Tags:

anything