Author Topic: Fixed or Variable Servicing?  (Read 135369 times)

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
Re: Fixed or Variable Servicing?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 01:55:20 PM »
It's saying 680 miles this evening. Looks like I'll have to book a service soon.
It's booked in for a service at the end of this week. The receptionist seemed not to be au fait with the variable servicing of the new model Jazz, and suggested that they'd be resetting the counter instead.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 11:51:37 AM »
"A" Service done. Had to take it back after the service as the display wanted a B service inspection almost immediately. So they did the inspections for that and reset the counter to 12500 miles. (I'm on the pre-paid service plan.)

Since the second reset, the display has been showing both the icon for "Fasten seatbelt" and also the same in text above it. Perhaps they did a firmware upgrade at the same time.

guest238

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 05:00:22 PM »
I'm still unconvinced about these variable service schedules.

guest983

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
OK, I don't think any of us have quite answered Graham's question - like him, I am unable to get to ANY form of service indication as of yet.  So -

* does this option need enabling by the dealer (since the manual implies it only applies to some countries - eh??), or
* does the spanner only appear when I get anywhere near a service?

I think a quick call to my Honda dealer is in order, next week (unless you beat me to it, Graham!)

WHICH BRINGS ME to another question, about which I will start another post - HIDDEN MENUS. I'll bet there are a HOST of options and other display things you can get to, if only you know the codes. Miles or Kilometers, anyone? MPG or L/KM? Degrees F or C?

BTW, I have searched, but as yet there seems precious little "technical" documentation out there on the web around the GE Jazz. The "FIT" variant of the JAZZ for our American cousins looks to have completely different instrumentation, and so there doesn't look to be much help from that quarter.

Larry

graham47

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »
Yes, I was passing my dealer a few days ago & decided to call in.
After playing with it for a few mins. a technician connected his black box, tapped the screen a few times, &, hey presto, Service Info is now showing (360 days to a B service).
He commented that he thought it hadn't been switched on during PDI.
Also if you look in the H/Book it tells you how to set/change the display parameters (Km or miles, L or Gal etc.).  You can also set if the display is symbol only (default) or symbol + msg (as earlier post referred to).

guest983

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 10:34:56 PM »
Graham, you beat me to it!

I've called my Honda Garage today - they confirmed that the variable service indicator should have been switch on by the dealer as part of the PDI, but it got missed Oops, one (small) black mark for the dealer.  They have offered to set it next time I am passing.

But it DOES leave me wondering what other "dealer options" and hidden tricks lie below the surface... ::)

bibisjazz

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 08:06:09 PM »
Hello from Greece.
I will apreciate if someone with a new Jazz 2009 model can send me the page from the service reminder book which has the codes and the symbols of what the service include. Can also someone explain to me what FRT stands for.

thank you in advanced

h_vassilios@yahoo.com

bibsjazz

bibisjazz

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 02:59:17 PM »
 (Read 97 times)

I will apreciate if someone with a new Jazz 2009 model can send me the page from the service reminder book which has the codes and the symbols of what the service include.

Nobody?????.........anyway for your info :

FRT => Flat Rate Time.
The Flat Rate Time is provided for the purpose of standardizing the time for work covered by Warranty Claim as specified in the Honda Service Manual, Policy & Guide. No matter how long the actual time expended is, the Flat Rate Time shall be used for computing the labor charge. This may also be utilized for figuring out the charges of regular customer works.

Geoffers

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 04:49:26 PM »
This runs to quite a few pages - 11 to be exact!
Why not just get a service book through Honda?

bibisjazz

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 07:13:38 PM »
I do not want the service book. I want only tha page with the A & B letters and the explaination of the codes and the symbols.

Geoffers

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 10:07:56 PM »
Well, go to a Honda garage and ask them for it!

bibisjazz

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2009, 06:49:10 PM »
thank you for not helping me

Geoffers

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2009, 08:25:16 PM »
What's the problem. I already told you it runs to 11 pages! If you have a Jazz and you haven't got a service book then you should have.
Contact Honda and I'm sure they'll give you one.

Of course, if you haven't got a Jazz then ..........

guest1370

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 10:55:14 PM »
I bought my new Honda Jazz EX 1.4 in May 2009 from a dealership near Thames Ditton, Surrey and have only just found out that the Service Reminder Display was never switched on during the PDI.
Having been given various answers from their staff (some conflicting), I contacted the Honda UK helpline who put me in touch with one of their technicians. They then had to liaise with the dealer's service department to find out why this hadn't been activated during PDI and advise how this can be done now - nearly a year after it was bought!
I feel that my concern was justified as I had been supplied with a new vehicle that didn't meet UK specification as described in both the Honda User Manual and shortened version.

abeat1

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 11:17:36 AM »
Morning people (my first post on a car forum  :o)

My Jazz was registered 1st sept 09 and I have done around 7000 miles, it is the i-shift model which I am enjoying very much. I now have a message on the MID with the spanner which reads "service due soon", there is no indication of milage or timings yet and I can not fine a reference to this exact message anywhere in the manual. Am I right in thinking I should start to see a countdown shortly with advice on parts requiring replacement and inspection? I have no service plan on the car and I do have a service booklet which as far as I can see requires stamped. Your thoughts much appreciated.

Andy

Tags:

anything