Author Topic: 1000 miles  (Read 2954 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: 1000 miles
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2023, 08:06:18 AM »
I apply the manual lever as soon as I stop then leave it a couple of seconds before releasing the brake pedal or you get a slight lurch
Let's be careful out there !

plasma

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2023, 08:55:35 AM »
What I have most trouble with , is trying to bring up the page that some of the functions or on , I just don’t now how to do it.

Plasma1

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
If nothing goes right, go left!

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2023, 10:40:28 AM »
I don't turn anything off, don't use brake hold unless in a gridlock. I use speed limiter in 20mph zones and some fast 30mph roads.

plasma

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 mark 4
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2023, 06:59:28 PM »

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2023, 07:48:23 PM »
Indeed... why would you want to do that
Well, e.g. I don't like the auto-handbrake feature. Call me a control freak but I like to set the brake myself rather tnan leave it up to an automaton.
Furthermore I have disabled bluetooth as well as made sure WLAN is turned off - in my opinion both features make the car vulnerable to cyber attacks (you are welcome to call me paranoid)  :D    -   However, I have an IT-background and am quite conscious of the multiple security flaws in current equipment. Just think about it: Linux gets security updates nearly on a daily basis, Windows on the much dreaded monthly "patch-day" - and our Jazzes?!?  (once a year during regular maintenance at best!)
So, if you can control your Jazz via an app - good for you!   I'm more concerned about who else can control it as well (without my knowledge).

...I think paranoid is more accurate than 'a control freak'
I assume you just didn't have telematics turned on?
Any cons are far outweighed by the pros for me.
I don't think the car is enough of a target to worry as much as you seem to.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2023, 08:40:02 PM »
Can I buy a copy of this manual. Thank you all for your help.

Plasma1

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-owners-manuals/_jcr_content.html

OWNER'S MANUALS
Select your preferred model year from the groups below.
Owner's and Navigation Manuals are viewable on any
computer or device with Adobe® Reader. These files
contain detailed information about your vehicle, and can
be downloaded, searched, and printed.

...and then Honda even forgets to mention that you could also take notes at home on the couch with pen and paper. ;)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2023, 10:07:09 AM »
Coldstart said:-
"Furthermore I have disabled bluetooth as well as made sure WLAN is turned off - in my opinion both features make the car vulnerable to cyber attacks (you are welcome to call me paranoid)  :D    -   However, I have an IT-background and am quite conscious of the multiple security flaws in current equipment."
I may be wrong (often am!)
Do you have the car connected to the internet with the app? (Telematics). If not I cannot see how your car can be 'interfered' with.
Blutooth range is minimal and when you are moving I would say impossible to connect to by some miscreant.
When parked with ignition off the Blutooth will be off as well.
If you are really that concerned perhaps a bike would be better, because when Putin decides to cyber attack the U.K. we are all b*ggered! :'(
BTW. Do you have a smart TV?? Smart mobile?? They are far more at risk!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 10:08:48 AM by Karoq »
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2023, 10:11:27 AM »

...I think paranoid is more accurate than 'a control freak'
I assume you just didn't have telematics turned on?
Any cons are far outweighed by the pros for me.
I don't think the car is enough of a target to worry as much as you seem to.
[/quote]
Absolutely agree (my italics & colour)
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2023, 10:46:21 AM »
Plasma........When I bought my MK4 in May last year, it came with a gratis, shiny, handbook.

Did you not get one?

Can you not beg, borrow, or steal one; from your supplying dealer?

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2023, 02:12:15 PM »
BTW. Do you have a smart TV?? Smart mobile?? They are far more at risk!
We are getting somewhat off-topic here and I'm very sorry that my personal preferences and beliefs may have offended anyone!

To answer your further questions to your ongoing amusement:
Yes, I do have a smart TV (which is not connected to the internet in any way because it doesn't need that connection; the signal is provided by a set-top box via HDMI).
Yes, I do also have a smart phone with internet connection. However, I don't use it for anything money related. (I don't want to annoy/irritate you any further by explaining to what lengths I go with controlling my IT equipment)
No, I havn't activated the TCU on my Jazz and am living quite happily without its benefits.

P.S. Just remember: Not being paranoid doesn't mean "they" aren't out there and after you  :D
(remember what Edward Snowden discovered?)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 02:31:46 PM by coldstart »

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2023, 03:06:05 PM »
Returning to the original post, I always select Brake Hold and disable RDMS before driving. I think the latter can be very distracting when it jerks the steering wheel In totally unnecessary situations. However, Honda aren’t alone with the RDMS issue. Having watched a number of YouTube reviews of Chinese built EVs they seem to have the same over sensitive systems. Maybe it just has to be installed to meet the Euro ENCAP safety requirements.

Jazzist

• Approved Member
  • The Jazzdriving Dutchman
  • My Honda: Jazz Executive 2021
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2023, 03:31:23 PM »
I switch off the RDMS system at every start. I only use the handbrake if I think it will take a little longer at a traffic light. Having to press the brake pedal with my foot for a long time is not pleasant. I am also aware that much of my data ends up somewhere without my knowledge. I tell myself that those collectors are mainly concerned with big data and are not very interested in my insignificant person. That gives some peace of mind. Here in the Netherlands and also on my holiday trips through Europe, I have not yet encountered any other modern Jazz. So I have no fear that it will be stolen anytime soon.
The Honda Forum unites the World.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2023, 04:11:09 PM »
I only use the handbrake if I think it will take a little longer at a traffic light. Having to press the brake pedal with my foot for a long time is not pleasant.

Isn't it (much!) easier to switch on Brake Hold in busy urban traffic...?

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2023, 04:24:07 PM »
Returning to the original post, I always select Brake Hold and disable RDMS before driving. I think the latter can be very distracting when it jerks the steering wheel In totally unnecessary situations. However, Honda aren’t alone with the RDMS issue. Having watched a number of YouTube reviews of Chinese built EVs they seem to have the same over sensitive systems. Maybe it just has to be installed to meet the Euro ENCAP safety requirements.

I always do the same each time I start the car
Brake Hold on
RDMS off
Intelligent Speed limiter on

Tags:

anything