Author Topic: Head on collision in my Crosstar  (Read 7752 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Re: Head on collision in my Crosstar
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2022, 01:17:08 PM »
I think that missing part is a removable cover for the removable towing eye. They usually store it inside the car during transportation from factory to dealer.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2022, 02:26:18 PM »
Thanks, wasn't sure.

While I was there they had 7 Jazz delivered and one E
Let's be careful out there !

Jazzdriver

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 63 mpg
  • My Honda: 2014 1.4 ES+ CVT and 2022 Crosstar replacing 2021 Crosstar written off
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2022, 10:34:07 AM »
Crown Honda Bushey have a new one but whether it's sold.

Thanks.  It was a customer order.  The salesman confirmed that they cannot be had now for love nor money.  I drew the attention of the people dealing with my replacement to a dealer which had a Crosstar just registered, but with 50 miles on it and they said they would look into it.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2022, 05:59:42 PM »
I think with the chip shortage it will be increasingly common that insurers etc will not be able to replace like for like.,Not just with Honda, but other Brands 

My daughter was offered a Jazz as a choice for her next company car.   But the Leasing company simply couldnt find one at a price they were prepared to pay   ,and had great difficulty finding anything .  In end her employers decided her annual mileage didnt really justify a company car, and agreed an attractive financial package if she bought her own (used) car.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2022, 10:11:43 PM »
It is going to get interesting over the next 12 months as the cost of living ‘crisis’ hits here, Europe and across the world. Undoubtedly heading into a recession and I suspect the number of people looking to buy a new car will decline as the crisis deepens. The running cost advantage of electric cars is rapidly being eroded as energy costs escalate and taken with the £5k-£10k buying price premium over petrol cars it will be very interesting to see if the growth in EV’s continues or stalls. Perhaps hybrids will become the dominant preferred option?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2022, 08:15:36 AM »
The 11G Civic is expected in dealers Oct/Nov with orders being taken.

I wonder if it has taken preference over chip priority leaving the Crosstar out in the cold.
Let's be careful out there !

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2022, 08:53:56 AM »
I was surprised and somewhat dismayed to se that the HR-V has only 4 star rating!.
BTW,
There are no new Crosstars available anywhere according to my dealer and they have completely disappeared from Autotrader.

The rating system for a vehicle needs your personal analysis, the final overall rating is determined by the lowest rating of any of subsection  of the complete test series of subtests, you could have a car which scores 5 stars in 9 sub-tests, and 1 star in 1 subtest and the car is rated as a 1 star, another car could score 3 stars in every sub-test and be given a far higher 3-star rating.  it is worth reading the results in full  and seeing through the fog!
Example Vauxhall Mokka,  4 stars, Dacia Sandero, 2 stars, reading the subtests, both cars were 4 stars in each subtest except for the Sandero which had a poor rating for the "driver following too close to the vehicle ahead"  system, If you are a good driver  do you really need that system in your car?  I certainly do not, the ratings need personal interpretation not only a cursory glimpse of the  overall rating
There are two categories of safety devices, passive and active. Passive are made to avoid or decrease damages caused by a crash, active devices are made to avoid crashes: a car with both kind of devices, passive and active, is clearly safer than one with only one kind.
Quite everyone think to be a good and careful driver but crashes happen daily, it means that many drivers are not so good as they believe. So ok, we can have a look at single safety performances, but we cannot say that a Dacia Duster is as safe as a Mokka.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 09:23:36 AM by jazzaro »

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2022, 09:45:57 AM »
It is going to get interesting over the next 12 months as the cost of living ‘crisis’ hits here, Europe and across the world. Undoubtedly heading into a recession and I suspect the number of people looking to buy a new car will decline as the crisis deepens. The running cost advantage of electric cars is rapidly being eroded as energy costs escalate and taken with the £5k-£10k buying price premium over petrol cars it will be very interesting to see if the growth in EV’s continues or stalls. Perhaps hybrids will become the dominant preferred option?
We have a small EV as well as the Jazz. I calculate the EV will still be cheaper to run than the Jazz with the October electricity price increase but after the projected January and April price rises the Jazz will be quite a bit cheaper to run. I think self-charging hybrids will be the best, plug-in hybrids will be the worst of all worlds since people won't plug them in because of the cost and so will be running a petrol car carrying heavy batteries around.

I expect electricity prices to come down again at some point but there will definitely be a pause in the sale of EV's with the increase in running costs, at least ours is a small one (35Kw), someone over the road has just bought a massive Audi E-Tron, that will cost a fortune to charge up in a year's time.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2022, 10:08:19 AM »
Most drivers over estimate their own ability.  And some will assume because they have not needed some 'new fangled' safety device  in the past they wont need it in the future.

There are still fools who   drive without wearing a seat belt, and some would  buy a new car without seat belts if it were cheaper and legal.   They may  try to justify it by claiming they dont want to be trapped in a burning car ,or some such nonsense.  - they'd rather be unable to move due to massive internal injuries

You will  never be  as good a driver as you think you are.  And however good a driver you become  you will never stop making some mistakes.  Better drivers are more likely to realise when they make a mistake ,such as not spotting  a hazard as early as they know they should have,    and will learn from it.  But even they will be blissfully unaware of some  of their mistakes, and some drivers  are blissfully unaware of most of their many mistakes and assume they are great drivers.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2022, 10:08:49 AM »
The biggest problem is going to be for those people living in flats and houses who can’t have a home charger. I suspect the cost of commercial chargers will exceed the cost of petrol per mile very soon - if it hasn’t happened already. The cost of electricity will fall at some time but when and by how much will it fall? I doubt it will ever fall to previous levels.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2022, 10:11:08 AM »
I'm Happy to buy the new Honda PHEV as soon as Horizon can get one!

I cannot understand why all the bleating is about 'average price p.a. for gas and leccy if that includes. Buck House, Blenheim etc etc, it is a joke.
Nobody in tv news or papers ever mentions fixed term agreements for the above.

I don't care about the price rises. I have a fixed term agreement with Shell Energy and my charges will remain fixed at pre-increase levels, until 24/08/24 (I have just had an email confirming this).
Am I the only person in the country to be so protected? I doubt it.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2022, 10:16:55 AM »

You will  never be  as good a driver as you think you are.  And however good a driver you become  you will never stop making some mistakes.  Better drivers are more likely to realise when they make a mistake ,such as not spotting  a hazard as early as they know they should have,    and will learn from it.  But even they will be blissfully unaware of some  of their mistakes, and some drivers  are blissfully unaware of most of their many mistakes and assume they are great drivers.
[/quote
I passed the police class 3 driver test and was an IAM instructor. I still try to drive by the Police 'Blue Book' driving manual.
Shell made all company drivers pass almost every safe driving course known to man including high speed (80mph) skid control. (free replacement underwear was provided! :o ;D
I STILL make mistakes and am under no false illusion that I am a 'brilliant' driver.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:20:13 AM by Karoq »

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2022, 12:59:12 PM »
I'm Happy to buy the new Honda PHEV as soon as Horizon can get one!

I cannot understand why all the bleating is about 'average price p.a. for gas and leccy if that includes. Buck House, Blenheim etc etc, it is a joke.
Nobody in tv news or papers ever mentions fixed term agreements for the above.

I don't care about the price rises. I have a fixed term agreement with Shell Energy and my charges will remain fixed at pre-increase levels, until 24/08/24 (I have just had an email confirming this).
Am I the only person in the country to be so protected? I doubt it.
We are with Shell but they no longer do fixed deals. We had a fixed deal but our supplier went bust and we were transferred to Shell, you are fortunate you were with a company that survived or you would have lost your fixed deal as many others have

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2022, 12:59:54 PM »
Most drivers over estimate their own ability.  And some will assume because they have not needed some 'new fangled' safety device  in the past they wont need it in the future.

There are still fools who   drive without wearing a seat belt, and some would  buy a new car without seat belts if it were cheaper and legal.   They may  try to justify it by claiming they dont want to be trapped in a burning car ,or some such nonsense.  - they'd rather be unable to move due to massive internal injuries

Each new safety device put in a car caused negative comments...
ABS - I can brake as well as a computer. Never had crashes, I'm careful.
Airbag - I can hold the steering wheel with my arms and muscles
ESP - I can control my car better than a computer, I drive carefully
AutoLights and autowipers- I want to control all parts of my car, even dipped beams.
Led Headlights - I don'n need so much light
Autonomous braking - see Autolights and I drive carefully.

Karoq

• Approved Member
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2022, 02:55:11 PM »

Each new safety device put in a car caused negative comments...
ABS - I can brake as well as a computer. Never had crashes, I'm careful.
Airbag - I can hold the steering wheel with my arms and muscles
ESP - I can control my car better than a computer, I drive carefully
AutoLights and autowipers- I want to control all parts of my car, even dipped beams.
Led Headlights - I don'n need so much light
Autonomous braking - see Autolights and I drive carefully.
Any idiot that gave those answers to  a question on the written driving test should automatically fail!

Tags: