Author Topic: Clock settings and i-phone  (Read 705 times)

Nigel

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz ER
Clock settings and i-phone
« on: October 15, 2021, 12:30:00 PM »
On selecting General Settings, System, Date & Time on my 2021 Honda Jazz ER there are 3 tabs.

Tab 1 is Set Date & Time.  This can be done manually as explained on page 161 of the manual but I want it to be set automatically so I have switched Automatic Date & Time ON

Tab 2 is Time Zone.  We are in the Western European Time Zone which is the same as GMT so that is what I have set it to.

Tab 3 Auto Daylight Saving Time ON or OFF.  I want it ON so that it automatically changes to GMT this autumn and back to BST in the spring.

This gives the correct time. 

When I connect my i-phone to the Jazz by bluetooth or cable, it still shows the correct time but its my i-phone’s correct time and not the Jazz’s time because on the Jazz Tabs 1 & 3 have been turned OFF and Tab 2 changed to Central European Time by my i-phone which results in the time being 1 hour out when I disconnect my i-phone.

Has anyone else experienced this in which case what's the solution?

Nigel

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz ER
Re: Clock settings and i-phone
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 03:21:22 PM »
(There is a duplication here with another related thread and subject.)  The above is only a problem with my i-phone7+ which keeps changing the time zone on the Jazz from Western European Time to Central European Time and thus puts the Jazz an hour out when the i-phone is disconnected.  This problem does not happen with my wife's android phone.  The location of my car on the Jazz's screen is slow to update on Google Maps and Waze.  My wife's android phone is fine in this respect.  Has anyone else experienced these problems with their i-phone and Apply Play?

Tags:

anything