Author Topic: E10 petrol set for September 2021 launch  (Read 24185 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: E10 petrol set for September 2021 launch
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2021, 09:05:14 AM »
I agree.

I can't see E28 being introduced here.

It will be if the corn lobby have their way..... They don't care about the planet, all they care about is market share and money in the bank.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2021, 09:16:27 AM »

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2021, 10:08:23 AM »
Even if cars can't use it !
Let's be careful out there !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2021, 10:53:03 AM »
We are more likely to move toward e-fuels

https://theicct.org/sites/default/files/1040_Aramco_E-fuels_20201006.pdf

Say what you like about fossil fuels they have saved the planet from eco-system destruction so far. Imagine trying to supply the massive energy needs of civilisation from trees and plants,  every tree and everything that could be burned would have disappeared, and all the soil washed away ( 10,000  years ago much of the Sahara was green and had large lakes, maybe the trees got chopped down for fuel and farmland and it turned into desert ) - using charcoal to produce iron was never going to scale up very much. As it is, using farmland to grow fuels and burning and felling rainforest to grow fuels is lunacy wrapped up in idiocy. Today is an object lesson on how totally unreliable renewable energy is, with 25GW installed wind and 14GW installed solar we are getting around 1.5GW from them combined, or less than 5% of requirements, and it is not even cold today.

It says in this article the climate changed, without mans involvement... Oooh Errrr

https://www.livescience.com/4180-sahara-desert-lush-populated.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 11:08:21 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2021, 11:20:30 AM »
News announced today. It's not going to affect any Honda Jazz, but if you have other cars it could do.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fuelling-a-greener-future-e10-petrol-set-for-september-2021-launch

List of petrol vehicles compatible with using “E10” https://www.acea.be/uploads/publications/130329_%28revised%29_ALL_ACEA_SAAB_JAMA_E10_COMPATIBILITY.pdf

thing is grant shapps cant see a problem with E28 as Brazil uses it, this plank doesn't know much about cars as every one will need replacing as no car in the uk can use E28. even california uses E10. the sooner these idiots are gone the better. E10 should be the last change to uk fuel we see but they will still try more and more crap

and by 2030 they want europe to be using E20 and honda cant use that so what then? scrap all the cars in the country? they are really stupid
Late reply I know, but by 2030 most of the cars on the road today will be gone. Likely all mk1 and mk2 Jazz's will be long gone and a new generation of car will be out that CAN use E28. If E28 does come to the UK the car manufactures will know about it long before and will build their vehicles accordingly.

It will be interesting to see what the mix of vehicles on UK Roads will be on 1st January 2030. Whilst EV sales have risen dramatically in percentage terms it's from a very low base and most analysts believe it will actually be impossible to produce enough EVs to replace all ICE cars by that date.

There are a number of estimates out there but they all tend to coalesce around the following scenario. On 1st January 2030 there will be around 10 to 11 million pure EVs and 21 million ICE cars. In short, two thirds of the cars will still be ICE although a significant number will be hybrids of one sort or another. Clearly this will continue to change and there won't be that many ICE cars still around by 2040. Given my age, all this is pretty academic. I don't expect, if I'm still here, to have too much difficulty finding petrol in 2030.

I think it follows that manufacturers won't be producing a new generation of ICE cars that can use E85 or whatever. It simply isn't worth it - we are witnessing the death of the ICE car but it will be a lingering one.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 11:23:32 AM by peteo48 »

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2021, 11:30:59 AM »
News announced today. It's not going to affect any Honda Jazz, but if you have other cars it could do.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fuelling-a-greener-future-e10-petrol-set-for-september-2021-launch

List of petrol vehicles compatible with using “E10” https://www.acea.be/uploads/publications/130329_%28revised%29_ALL_ACEA_SAAB_JAMA_E10_COMPATIBILITY.pdf

thing is grant shapps cant see a problem with E28 as Brazil uses it, this plank doesn't know much about cars as every one will need replacing as no car in the uk can use E28. even california uses E10. the sooner these idiots are gone the better. E10 should be the last change to uk fuel we see but they will still try more and more crap

and by 2030 they want europe to be using E20 and honda cant use that so what then? scrap all the cars in the country? they are really stupid
Late reply I know, but by 2030 most of the cars on the road today will be gone. Likely all mk1 and mk2 Jazz's will be long gone and a new generation of car will be out that CAN use E28. If E28 does come to the UK the car manufactures will know about it long before and will build their vehicles accordingly.

My Jazz will be only 18 years old by 2030.
I suspect I will be still be capable of driving it as well being only 83.

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 Honda Jazz
« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2021, 02:36:48 PM »
My Jazz will be only 18 years old by 2030.
I suspect I will be still be capable of driving it as well being only 83.
You're assuming it will still be around in 9 years time though. A lot can happen to a car in 9 years.

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 Honda Jazz
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2021, 02:38:26 PM »

It will be interesting to see what the mix of vehicles on UK Roads will be on 1st January 2030. Whilst EV sales have risen dramatically in percentage terms it's from a very low base and most analysts believe it will actually be impossible to produce enough EVs to replace all ICE cars by that date.

There are a number of estimates out there but they all tend to coalesce around the following scenario. On 1st January 2030 there will be around 10 to 11 million pure EVs and 21 million ICE cars. In short, two thirds of the cars will still be ICE although a significant number will be hybrids of one sort or another. Clearly this will continue to change and there won't be that many ICE cars still around by 2040. Given my age, all this is pretty academic. I don't expect, if I'm still here, to have too much difficulty finding petrol in 2030.

I think it follows that manufacturers won't be producing a new generation of ICE cars that can use E85 or whatever. It simply isn't worth it - we are witnessing the death of the ICE car but it will be a lingering one.
Personally, I don't think the whole stopping sales of ICE cars by 2030 will happen. The public just aren't interested and for good reason. I think they government will have a major issue in 2030 especially if you're 1/2 third split is corrcect.

Tags:

anything