Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: A/C and Battery logo on Honda Jazz 2018
« Last post by Annastesia on May 27, 2022, 11:12:02 PM »
Thanks for your replies.

Yes, it is actually just an A (crossed-out) with a battery sign next to it.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Toyota Chr vs Jazz
« Last post by R2D3 on May 27, 2022, 10:45:51 PM »
The ability of honda to create space from lack of space is impressive

Those pesky Japanese
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Creaking suspension
« Last post by Dayjo on May 27, 2022, 10:12:45 PM »
are you sure it isnt coming from the rear brakes with the hand brake on when getting in the car

i dont get that on my mk3 as of yet but sometimes i get some creaks from the brakes getting in the car with the hand brake on

Same here, from new!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: A/C and Battery logo on Honda Jazz 2018
« Last post by ColinB on May 27, 2022, 10:02:48 PM »
Hello,

When I am putting the brake pedal down a logo appears on the dash - A/C (crossed out) with the battery next to it.

I am unsure if this means my battery is low and needs servicing, or if it is common place.

Bit worried as I'm due on a long journey in a few days.

The singular red low battery icon does not show, it's just shows on the brake/battery logo.

Any help would be appreciated :)

This description doesn't quite make sense, you don't usually get both the A/C (crossed out) and the battery symbol together. Are you sure it's not an A with a circle around it that's crossed out (that means the auto-stop isn't functioning) ? That can be accompanied by a battery symbol (which indicates that the reason the A-S isn't working is a battery issue) or an A/C symbol (which is very misleading, it usually means you've got the vent selected to demist the screen and isn't anything to do with the A/C).

The A-S system is very temperamental, there's a long list in the handbook of factors that'll prevent it from working. I find it doesn't work at all over the winter months (dash display shows the battery symbol), and works normally during the summer. Not sure if that's because of some temperature effect, or whether shorter journeys in winter means the battery doesn't fully charge ... although it always starts OK.

One trick worth trying is to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it; this can reset the A-S. Or, if you have a suitable battery charger, give it a good charge.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Radio Issues
« Last post by GreenJazz102 on May 27, 2022, 09:08:40 PM »
Ah okay thanks for your help! Its strange really because today the radio was completely fine. I guess ill just wait till it conks out and replace it, found a spare for about 60 quid.
Hello,

When I am putting the brake pedal down a logo appears on the dash - A/C (crossed out) with the battery next to it.

I am unsure if this means my battery is low and needs servicing, or if it is common place.

Bit worried as I'm due on a long journey in a few days.

The singular red low battery icon does not show, it's just shows on the brake/battery logo.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: A/C and Battery logo on Honda Jazz 2018
« Last post by John Ratsey on May 27, 2022, 09:03:35 PM »
Start Stop system can also stop working if starter battery weak
But the crossed-out A/C symbol means that the engine autostop isn't activating due to the engine needing to run to either power the air conditioner or provide heating. In such circumstances turning off the heater fan (ie stopping cooling / heating) results in the stop-start system working. This can be useful if, for example, you are waiting in a traffic queue.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Creaking suspension
« Last post by monkeydave on May 27, 2022, 08:55:15 PM »
are you sure it isnt coming from the rear brakes with the hand brake on when getting in the car

i used to have creaks going over speed bumps on my mk2 jazz in the winter but not in summer and that was from the rubber bushings on the anti roll bar

i dont get that on my mk3 as of yet but sometimes i get some creaks from the brakes getting in the car with the hand brake on
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Recommended engine oil
« Last post by jazzaro on May 27, 2022, 08:53:57 PM »
I do not understand why a Honda dealer is promoting the Petronas oil for your Jazz and not a Honda product, Honda sell a 0W-20 oil, surely Honda, having designed and manufactured the engine must know a fact or two about the lubrication requirements of the engine,  here is a link to Honda engine oils :
https://hondadirectparts.co.uk/parts/category/honda-jazz-genuine-parts/jazz-2016/engine-service-kits-jazz-2015/
I don't know in UK, but in Italy some Honda dealers are ALSO Nissan and/or Toyota and/or Suzuki and/or other brand dealers, and oils are the same for all vehicles entering in the workshop. Petronas is used for FIat/AlfaRomeo/Jeep cars, maybe it is cheaper than Honda or Castrol products.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10