Author Topic: MK4 Jazz ?  (Read 9370 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

jonathan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
Re: MK4 Jazz ?
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 03:31:48 PM »
See link
".https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-tokyo-motor-show/hybrid-only-honda-jazz-revealed-leaked-image-ahead-tokyo"

It looks very similar to the front of the Toyota Yaris Verso (2000 - 2005).

The design getting plain....

JazzandJag

• Approved Member
  • HR-V eHEV delivered February 2022
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 08:10:45 AM »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 08:17:34 AM »
Looks great. Magic seats and all.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 12:40:10 PM »
looks good but maybe a bit cheaper build to fit in the cost of the hybrid system

it looks like it will have three trim levels s, se & ex, the s prob start at 18k, se at 20k and ex at 22k as the toyota yaris hybrid starts at 18.9k

OH NO electronic hand brake, prob push button start too

i like the exterior (especially the front) more than the interior with the two spoke wheel

« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 01:00:06 PM by monkeydave »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 02:50:22 PM »
OH NO electronic hand brake, prob push button start too
I've had the electronic parking brake on my HR-V and, so far, there have been no problems with this (nor any reported in the HR-V forums).

Personally, I'd be interested to try the Crosstar because of the additional ride height, described here https://uk.motor1.com/news/377927/honda-fit-debuts-five-trim-levels/ as:
Another addition to the Jazz range is the new ‘Crosstar’ variant, designed to appeal to those seeking a more crossover style design. Available with the same hybrid powertrain and interior features as the standard model, the new Crosstar features increased ride height, a unique front grille design, water-resistant upholstery and integrated roof rails.

If that's offered here (as suggested by the Honda Europe press release) then it might suggest that the next-generation HR-V won't be coming here. I would be wanting to see if the dashboard reflections on windscreen problems I've had with the Jazzes are an issue with this vehicle - I've had no problem with the HR-V.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 02:55:32 PM by John Ratsey »
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 10:52:51 AM »
I watched some pics and some videos and I found some interesting details..
1- No more touch buttons for climate, and finally a knob for adjusting volume
2- rear wiper at the center and 180° wipe, non more 90° wipe for right hand drive.
3- A pillar looks thinner, it means better front visibility
4- completely digital instrument panel, I hope they will keep the rpm meter: a Vtec MUST HAVE it.
5- fuel tank will remain under the front seats, and lithium battery will go under the trunk floor, where there is a little step just in the middle.
6- finally Jazz will have better headlights, halogen or led will be Bi-function.
7- finally they removed edges from bumpers, it means less scratches and damages in city usage.
8- seats are different, but the frame looks like the same of the present Jazz. To be hones, a lot of parts looks the same of the present Jazz
9- 4 disk brakes even in the hybrid
10- there is a cup holder in both sides, just in front of air vents. These looks bigger, so air flow could be less annoyng.
11- japanese specs talks about improved ADAS, as  adaptive cruise control, active lane assist, better cam for pedestrians ad cyclist detection.

I'm looking foward to read technical specs and accessories and, obviously, prices.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:55:18 AM by jazzaro »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2019, 11:13:09 AM »
Does the current hybrid not have discs all round?

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 01:52:30 PM »
Current Hybrid is sold only in Japan, I think it has 4 disk brakes.
I noted this because many european segment B moved from discs to drums for rear brakes, and I'm happy that Honda keeps discs in cars even with regenerative braking.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2019, 02:24:55 PM »
Hybrids have been sold in the UK. At present Auto Trader are listing 17 for sale.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »
So it has a completely digital instrument panel - hope they have seen fit to include a temperature gauge to replace that silly blue light ?   The 8th gen Civic ( 2006 to 2011 ) is a masterclass in good dash design - nice high level digital speedo just at bottom edge of windscreen so you don't really have to look down,  everything within easy reach,  proper big buttons and knobs and a rotary switch for the headlight load adjustment ( not an impossible to see tiny slide switch down by your right knee like in MK1 and 2 Jazz ).   

Don't know why people hanker after rear discs though,  they are more trouble that they are worth - there is a good reason B segment cars in Europe have changed back to drums,  they are loads better as a handbrake and you can forget about them for at least 100,000 miles and then just replace the shoes - the drums last for ever,  unlike discs.

The rear brakes barely contribute 20% to total braking effort,  drums are more than adequate and pretty maintenance free. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2019, 03:28:01 PM »
Hybrids have been sold in the UK. At present Auto Trader are listing 17 for sale.
Only previous generation of Jazz has been sold in Europe as Hybrid (IMA system, the same of Insight), while the present generation (GK)  has been sold  only in Japan and Malaysia with the Hybrid powertrain. Honda planned to sell it worldwide as the previous gen, but some tecnhical problems (clutches, hydraulics, software... they made 6 recalls in first 2 years...) brought Honda to keep the I-DCD in their homeland.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »
New ones will be intelligent Multi-Mode Drive (i-MMD), same as the C-RV hybrid.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2019, 03:59:16 PM »
So it has a completely digital instrument panel - hope they have seen fit to include a temperature gauge to replace that silly blue light ?   The 8th gen Civic ( 2006 to 2011 ) is a masterclass in good dash design - nice high level digital speedo just at bottom edge of windscreen so you don't really have to look down,  everything within easy reach,  proper big buttons and knobs and a rotary switch for the headlight load adjustment ( not an impossible to see tiny slide switch down by your right knee like in MK1 and 2 Jazz ). 
I hope so, I appreciate a good T° gauge. Unfortunately people who use the  car as a minipimer, I mean  without understanding what happens inside the box in front of their feet (i.e. my wife, who discovered the meaning of the gauge in our old Renault after 8 years..) does not care about the indication, so manufacturers changed it with a light. In our Jazz, the blue light disappear when the liquid reaches 43°C (110°F.), and the standard operation is about 83-85°C  (181-185°F)...
Don't know why people hanker after rear discs though,  they are more trouble that they are worth - there is a good reason B segment cars in Europe have changed back to drums,  they are loads better as a handbrake and you can forget about them for at least 100,000 miles and then just replace the shoes - the drums last for ever,  unlike discs.

The rear brakes barely contribute 20% to total braking effort,  drums are more than adequate and pretty maintenance free.
The main reason is money, drums are cheaper than discs. Technically speaking, drums are better than discs only as handbrake, because static friction is higher. In all other fields discs  perform better, heat resistance, sensitivity to the pedal and reaction time (if you have to press and release many times per second they work better, and this is important with ABS and ESP). Talkin about heat resistance and sensitivity, Honda in 2015 Jazz and 2013-on Civics uses the AHA system, aka a software that brakes internal wheels to be slighty braked to prevent understeer, first rear wheel and then the front, so also the system needs sensitivity for low pressure braking, and brakes have to dissipate a higher quantity of heat. If you drive very fast in a very curvy way, rear brakes will be hot even if you don't press the brake pedal.
About maintenance free, I disagree: discs, as they can dry better and faster after rain, are less prone to rust and dust, changing shoes is usually  easier as checking their residual thickness.  I agree that braking effort is very low, but it's the last reason I have to prefer them...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 04:03:09 PM by jazzaro »

Tags: