Author Topic: Possibly my last Jazz  (Read 996 times)

Ianskeldon

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Jazz 1.4
Possibly my last Jazz
« on: March 30, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »
I am 3 years in with this jazz (1.4 2012) it's my third one. I am not sure if I am unlucky with these cars or the dealership is rubbish.

First one dead on drive in week 5, battery goosed after a haggle holdcroft agreed that this battery should have been picked up on the pre delivery inspection etc. Second one had a drivers window that refused to go up on one press of the button,  I had to continue holding the switch until the window was all the way up, not the end of the world but very annoying at my works barrier in the rain.

I must have been mad to have a third one, the battery died on this one but over the twelve months warranty, no problem, I bought another battery, checked that I had my radio code and proceeded to change the battery, ahhh all went so well, until I came to put the radio code in, it just kept saying error 1, error 2, etc. Also even from day one the damned fan kicks in within seconds of starting the engine, so there I scraping ice of the windscreen in minus 2, listening to the fan coming on for 5 or 6 seconds then going off for about twenty, repeatedly.

I am going to ask in a technical forum about how to find the correct code, and maybe why my fan does what it's doing. Other than that I do like the Jazz that I have now.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
Re: Possibly my last Jazz
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 09:05:23 AM »
Sure it's not the air con clutch kicking in, they keep cutting in and out constantly from start up.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 09:23:01 AM »
Sure it's not the air con clutch kicking in, they keep cutting in and out constantly from start up.

Ours does that, with the aircon off and the car stone cold. It's a problem I've seen this mentioned on here a few times before, I'm not sure if the climate control system overrides the aircon on/off in auto or if there's a problem with it.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 11:49:16 AM »
Mine does that.
I just treat it as a quirk.
Does not bother me at all...

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI