Author Topic: Car Insurance conundrum.  (Read 1700 times)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Car Insurance conundrum.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 07:05:01 PM »
Old insurance was UKI. Sainsbury's Bank dropped them a couple of years ago and started using Zurich which is my new insurer.

Sorry Jocko, my wires crossed.

In that case, perhaps like they're winding up the white-label relationship with UKI and going fulll brokerage, or transferring their white-label business to Zurich? Zurich is another big underwriter which has their own direct insurance operations.

Who cares if it's cheaper?  ;)

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 08:28:37 PM »
Hi.
If anyone does ever need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2020, 10:27:52 AM »
Last year, I had the relatively unusual experience of being unable to find anything through the comparison sites that was as cheap as the Esure renewal

I'm with Esure and this has happened to me for the last couple of years.

Martin Lewis's money savings expert says you get the cheapest quotes 3 weeks before renewal is due.

I got caught out by this some years ago. ASDA insurance wanted proof of NCB within two weeks of taking out the policy, but Hastings Direct wouldn't provide proof of NCB until after the policy had expired.

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2020, 11:23:01 AM »
I got caught out by this some years ago. ASDA insurance wanted proof of NCB within two weeks of taking out the policy, but Hastings Direct wouldn't provide proof of NCB until after the policy had expired.

To be fair to Hastings Direct, you might have had a claim in the two weeks before the policy expired. And it does seem to be normal practice.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2020, 11:41:41 AM »

I haven't had to provide proof of NCB for years, it's all been done automagically.

In the past, I don't think I have ever provided anyhting other than my renewal invitation as proof of NCB, though I seem to remember my other half having to do it once. Did Asda insist on the 'proof of NCB' letter from the old insurer?

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2020, 11:12:21 AM »

To be fair to Hastings Direct, you might have had a claim in the two weeks before the policy expired. And it does seem to be normal practice.

I understand HD's position. My issue was with ASDA insisting on proof of NCB within two weeks of taking out the policy. All other insurers require it roughly up to two weeks after the poilcy start date. This was nearly ten years ago so maybe things have changed since then.

Did Asda insist on the 'proof of NCB' letter from the old insurer?

Yes they did.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2020, 11:27:44 AM »
Did Asda insist on the 'proof of NCB' letter from the old insurer?

Yes they did.

Not ideal. Dealing with insurance companies always gets a bit more fraught once you are no longer a customer.

Tags:

anything