Author Topic: REFRESHED JAZZ e:HEV LINE-UP GAINS NEW ADVANCE SPORT VARIANT  (Read 7527 times)

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
Re: REFRESHED JAZZ e:HEV LINE-UP GAINS NEW ADVANCE SPORT VARIANT
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2023, 12:59:02 AM »
Before deciding on the jazz SR I must have read every road test from mainstream magazines etc and YouTube videos, I don’t recall anyone slagging it off for overly aggressive driver’s aids and as for navigation Google maps has live traffic info, the Honda navigation does however look prettier  ;D if I’d have wanted all the bells and whistles I would have bought the Crosstar EX but have other things to spend my pension on, my dealer seems to be doing well and have operated from their current site for over 20 years and if they no longer sell Hondas I have 4 options less than an hour away, it is what it is.
 :D :D

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2023, 03:12:08 AM »
I don't agree that the built in nav is prettier. Google Maps in satellite view beats it hands down IMO.
Let's be careful out there !

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2023, 08:27:55 AM »
Before deciding on the jazz SR I must have read every road test from mainstream magazines etc and YouTube videos, I don’t recall anyone slagging it off for overly aggressive driver’s aids and as for navigation Google maps has live traffic info, the Honda navigation does however look prettier  ;D if I’d have wanted all the bells and whistles I would have bought the Crosstar EX but have other things to spend my pension on, my dealer seems to be doing well and have operated from their current site for over 20 years and if they no longer sell Hondas I have 4 options less than an hour away, it is what it is.
 :D :D

...I don't class the Crosstar as having all the 'bells and whistles'. If you'd wanted those you would've bought the EX  ;)

Jazzfan49

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 jazz 1.5 I-mmd SR Crystal Black
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2023, 05:08:27 PM »
Sorry I meant the Crosstar EX  :o

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2023, 06:43:36 PM »
The Crosstar EX lacks, compared to the "regular" EX, the heated steering wheel, the blind spot information and cross traffic monitor. I find the last two particularly helpful.

If nothing goes right, go left!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2023, 10:20:01 PM »
The Crosstar EX lacks, compared to the "regular" EX, the heated steering wheel, the blind spot information and cross traffic monitor. I find the last two particularly helpful.
I am afraid this is perversity of Honda, offer the top of the range Crosstar but decontent it of safety systems! It is similar to their not offering a height adjustable passenger seat despite numerous requests and debate on Honda forums asking for it. Honda must wonder why they are losing sales volumes in the UK, or perhaps they don’t care because the UK is too small a market to worry about.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2023, 04:20:12 AM »
It's possible to make a decision about a car in a very small distance.

Back in 2007 I bought a Civic iShift without taking a test drive, big mistake. I was sucked in by the 8th Gen design, the toys and the advertising that it was an automatic and Honda reliability.

Within half a mile I knew I'd made a mistake.

Harsh suspension, stiff front door handles and the iShift was plain dangerous.

I suffered it for 2 years then got the full auto in 2009 that was far far better. The suspension was slightly softer as well.
Let's be careful out there !

Deejay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 GR3 Jazz EX Platinum White
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2023, 11:22:08 AM »
I thought the EX Style was the top model (it certainly was the most expensive).

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2023, 11:40:16 AM »
...The way the line up is going the ES is going to be the top model!  :o ;D

PaulC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz eHEV Luxe
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2023, 07:57:17 PM »
I checked the specs for the new versions of the Mk4 Jazz now announced in New Zealand.
They say the Driver's seat is Height-adjustable but nothing about the front passenger's seat being height-adjustable so I assume Honda has again missed added the most desired missing feature - height adjustment on the front passenger seat.
Once our Jazz is out of warranty in 4 years time, I will go to a customiser and get the front passenger seat lifted permanently by 50mm.

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2023, 09:11:49 PM »
My first drive in the Jazz I didn't like it, especially the light interior, used to full dark leather, but it was the first drive of various models mainly in response to reviews of the HRV and criticism of the noise of the engine cutting in on hard acceleration. So I went down dual carriageways and when safe idled down to 20mph and put my foot in to 60/70. It was no worse than my 1.8 Civic vtec, and maybe even quieter, and not slow.

The new Civic was a foot longer, a deal breaker me, and after testing the Yaris, Hyundai, Mazda etc appreciated the Jazz "feel" of a much bigger car both to drive and for inside space. And the EX light seats grew on me, especially the dash and double glovebox. Now I wouldn't have anything else in this class, so first impressions can be modified if you find relative disappointment in the rest of the market.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2023, 09:34:31 PM »
...first impressions can be modified if you find relative disappointment in the rest of the market.

Tell my other (better...) half, who after 18 months still complains about the passenger seat with no height adjustment...
If nothing goes right, go left!

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2023, 10:17:57 PM »
...first impressions can be modified if you find relative disappointment in the rest of the market.

Tell my other (better...) half, who after 18 months still complains about the passenger seat with no height adjustment...
My better half refused point blank to contemplate a Jazz Crosstar until it came with a height adjustable passenger seat. - “are Honda still living in the 1970’s” - or something similar was said!

Tags:

anything