Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: New Crosstar's bad smell
« Last post by davejazz on February 28, 2024, 10:50:37 PM »
Just in case of confusion it's baking soda  and not washing soda that should help with smelly items.

And not to get confused with your Username.

As (most) on here, of advanced years, (as I am), will recognise a non bio washing powder called ACDO.

Itís still sold today apparently.
« Last post by Westy36 on February 28, 2024, 08:49:22 PM »
Sorry to hear of this. Takes the shine off of your new car experience.

The trade rely on odor bombs to get rid of nasty smells such as wet dogs or tobacco etc. I'm surprised the dealer hasn't offered you one already. Have a look at the link, loads similar on Amazon ebay etc...

HTH

https://a1detailing.co.uk/dakota-odor-bomb/?attribute_pa_fragrances=wild-cherry-2&utm_source=Google%20Shopping&utm_campaign=Google%20Merchant%20Centre&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=5855&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0IHarPPOhAMV2pRQBh0h5wAMEAQYAyABEgKHkfD_BwE
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12 V battery warning light
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on February 28, 2024, 08:16:25 PM »
The car was new sept 21 so 2-1/2 years or so as the battery is original
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12 V battery warning light
« Last post by 5thcivic on February 28, 2024, 08:06:12 PM »
How old is the battery? Obviously good enough to power up the electronics, maybe showed too much of a dip
 to the micro afterwards?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / 12 V battery warning light
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on February 28, 2024, 07:27:29 PM »
So today the Jazz illuminated its 12V battery warning symbol just after powering up and starting the engine . It came on and Bong sounded ! Booked in tomorrow at Honda to have it checked out . No other issue and all 12 v powered stuff lights wipers etc as normal . Car was parked overnight and been in use everyday for quite a few weeks so not be left unused . See what the garage concludes !
« Last post by ADCO on February 28, 2024, 04:46:59 PM »
Just in case of confusion it's baking soda  and not washing soda that should help with smelly items.
Hybrid / Re: curious problem with key fob working /not working and not detected
« Last post by Pine on February 28, 2024, 01:46:16 PM »
Best to avoid cheapo batteries and stick to the main brands or supermarkets own.  I put a cheap one in the fob last year and it didn't even last 3 months, whereas the original battery lasted in excess of 2 years.  My quality replacement is still going strong after 9 months and I expect it to last a lot longer.
« Last post by Van substitute on February 28, 2024, 10:20:03 AM »
I had a similar problem when my Mk3 Jazz was indicating low battery in the key fob after a ridiculously short time like a couple of months after putting in a new battery.  I tested the supposedly exhausted battery and it was good, round about 3V.  I cleaned the contacts in the battery compartment with a cotton bud dipped in isopropyl alcohol, although I couldn't really see any corrosion or dirt.  I put the old battery back in, the low battery message went away and the key fob now seems to be using batteries at a normal rate.

As my rely to Marco i did check for dirt but i can try the alcohol thanks.
« Last post by Van substitute on February 28, 2024, 10:17:29 AM »
Did you check for corrosion on the metal parts where the battery is inserted? It might be that moisture caused some corrosion and that can prevent the battery from functioning optimally.

Hi Marco 1979  Yes i checked the battery and wiped the contacts but they were shiny and bright.
« Last post by ColinB on February 28, 2024, 10:14:00 AM »
Sounds as if youíre coming round to continuing with the car and hoping itíll get better.

However, just in case youíre sufficiently motivated to take this further, this is a handy guide to your rights:
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/the-car-i-bought-has-a-problem-what-are-my-rights-aAnMC5b0ZzJb

For example, within the 30 days you have a RIGHT to reject for a full refund: the dealer canít simply say theyíre not going to play, that would not be legal. But you do need to prove thereís a fault (the dealerís original acknowledgement of an issue and subsequent actions would be a point in your favour) but, if he disagrees, thatís where you need to get the independent report to back you up.

After the 30 days you still have rights; you lose the right to reject but can still require the dealer to repair or replace, and if he canít or wonít then you should ask for a refund (heís entitled to deduct depreciation). Again having the independent report would be essential.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10