Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Members / Hi im new here
« Last post by Royston Mk on Today at 07:30:49 PM »
Finaly Jazz, after 4,5 years looking around
It's continuously variable in that the engine speed isn't a fixed proportion of the road speed (except when in the direct drive mode). However, I agree that the e-CVT description is misleading and is bad marketing as it has put off some people who have had negative experiences with real CVT transmissions.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Android Auto Split Screen
« Last post by lisafox16 on Today at 06:39:14 PM »
Yeah split screen works for me too using S21 Ultra.
If the hybrid drive train results from Hondas F1 knowledge then I suspect the control of the HV battery is very sophisticated and doing lots of things . I would imagine the controls ensure s the HV battery sees 10 or 1 bar  at some described point based maybe on optimising the battery life. If you accelerate with  an enthusiastic foot from several roundabouts (as on the A43 past silverstone ) the HV battery can show 3 bars or 9 , and has nothing to do with giving it the beans !! I expect the PCM figures load and battery temperature maybe driving style as well based on accelerator position / brake use . It must figure the actual cycle use of the HV battery and add itís own conditioning cycle into the mix ? My last long (500 miles return ) journey in summer with 30 C heat and climate control on auto 19C all the time gave 73 mpg on A1 M11 M25 M2 to Kent and 71 mpg on the return leg .. figure that Ö.??  😆😆😆. Outside of our group of users this level of tech isnít appreciated !
Are we 100% sure the parking brake causes voltage loss ?

I know the 2 red lights, dash and button do go out after a few minutes.
I'm not 100% sure but often with this type of switch where it's switched momentarily there is a circuit monitoring the switch to see if any action needs to be taken, it's not a simple switch like the light in a house for example where there are just two positions and the current is either on or off.

The courtesy light is another example of this if left on standby, it's continually monitoring the door to see if it's been opened, only a very small current involved but if it's left for weeks it can mount up.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk 4 software updates issue
« Last post by Guinness 2 on Today at 05:13:12 PM »
I know that driving through France on the Autoroutes in particular but also a lot of minor roads I can have the music volume turned down several notches and can still hear perfectly well (both the music and passengers voices).  Cross the channel, up the M20 and volume goes up and up and still hard to hear.  Our roads are terrible in the UK. professional cyclists always refer to our roads as 'heavy' and that's before this years potholes have added to the cacophony!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: First time honda owner
« Last post by Brakballe on Today at 05:07:53 PM »
Personally, I no longer worry about the issue - the car drives nicely and still returns a better mpg than my previous Mini Cooper Diesel. I also take some solace from Scotty Kilmer saying on his YouTube channel that the start-stop function isn't necessarily a good thing anyway in terms of additional wear & tear on the engine from constant stopping and starting.

I will in the near future get me a MK III Sport/Dynamic manual. The first thing I will do is disable the dang start/stop pure shite..
You can do it by have a diagnostic tool (need the original diagnostic stuff or very friendly Honda staff), Google it for different approaches or just go blunt and hardwire the VSA etc switch.

But disabled it will...
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 04:59:00 PM »
I never play music loud, in the  car or at home , and dont feel the need for highest sound quality in the car.  I think after a few years   some  have to have it increasingly loud to overcome their self inflicted hearing loss.
Some might benefit from Bone conduction earphones. Anyone ever used them?

I never really noticed how much soundwaves affect you  until   sitting in traffic in silent EV mode.  Not just my own modest music levels,  but from the  sound systems and engine vibrations of  nearby vehicles.    But I suppose  when you sit somewhere peaceful you can hear the  leaves falling.  And dont get me started on tweeting birds and grasshoppers  >:(
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Heater on EX touch control model
« Last post by Brakballe on Today at 04:58:59 PM »
A bit off topic but after 3.5 years of touch control I would still prefer controls that you can feel your way to without having to look.

Hands down, no doubt! Most modern cars gets (to me) more and more mediocre "climate control" heating abilities. No reason for that since as soon the engine is warmed up you have almost a free endless supply of preheated coolant @ 88 deg C. The my Mk II Comfort with auto climate is just mediocre and you have to trick it by use defrost etc to get it up to speed. Remember, not all "automatic" settings is carved in stone for just that.

Then top it with a touch screen need you not just feel, then do and set but look, to do your business and peel your eyes away from the important bizniss bodes for.. in fact: more deaths.

My dang old 2002 Mazda6 (with auto climate) is WAY better AND even better in the ole days an old Volvo Amazon, completely manual, could defrost chicken legs, fry and glaze em by the vents (well, almost. The register was more than twice as big as in modern cars) in 15 mins with the heater.

With stop'n go crapola and hybrids you are more or less left to the fairies unless it's equipped with an inverter that is alone way more expensive and complicated and prone to the "big bleh" than an ole well sized register, manual, leeching the coolant heat from the engine.

Surely some things is advancing.. not. 

« Last post by Kremmen on Today at 04:29:42 PM »
Have to agree
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10