Author Topic: Workshop manual and engine oil  (Read 1419 times)

BlueMonday

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2019 1.3 i-VTEC CVT
Workshop manual and engine oil
« on: June 12, 2022, 12:07:01 PM »
I purchased a 2019 Honda Jazz 1.3 CVT recently and have been searching for a workshop manual, it does not have to be a Haynes.
I can only seem to find a manual for the 2008-2015 models.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
The car has been serviced before I bought it but I like to keep some spare engine oil to hand, my car is without the gasoline particulate filter, is 5W-30 the correct engine oil?
2019 Honda Jazz 1.3 i-VTEC CVT

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Workshop manual and engine oil
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022, 01:37:07 PM »
Depends what you mean by 'workshop manual'  .If you only need  the divers handbook you can download PDF version for free directly from Honda.  They have a 2018 version. This may also  apply to 2019 prior to the mk 4 in 2020

Here is a link        https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/manuals-and-guides/honda-jazz-owners-manuals.html

If you need a proper  workshop manual  with line dawings, or a DIY equivilent like a Haynes manual I'd be surprised if these are yet readily available to the general  public for a car as recent as 2019.   Many aspects of the car may be a bit too complex  for most DIY mechanics anyway. 
Professional Garages  would probably obtain the details on line  for various cars from  trade sources by subscribing  an annual fee to an on-line car  manual service.  Probably far too expensive for  viewing just one car. 

There may be ways and means of accessing the  information, but I dont know. 
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

BlueMonday

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2022, 02:39:26 PM »
Thank-you for the reply.

I do have the handbook, service book and entertainment system instruction book.
I do like to have a Haynes manual or equivalent for any car I own for simple repair work.
For example, my last car was a Ford Focus that was also 3 years old and I used the Haynes manual to replace a front airbag sensor and drivers side window regulator, oil and oil filter change.

But from searching online I suspect you are correct and there is not a Haynes manual for my car yet.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 02:50:03 PM »
When I had my 2019 Jazz I looked everywhere for a Haynes type manual, I even asked on the Honda Fit forum
I never found one unfortunately.
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 04:07:30 PM »
Have you seen the following 
https://haynes.com/en-gb/honda/jazz/2015-13-petrol-427503

Its called Haynes Autofix. I think it is on line only. You dont get  an actual book,  just on- line  access to data, videos etc . I dont know if it would  meet your needs   but worth a look.

With other cars I have  googled the specific problem  , such as 'replacing a steering rack, 2019  Honda Jazz'  You may find a someone has done a useful You tube video.   But also  if you search through ' images' from the search you sometimes spot line drawings etc taken  from a workshop manual . If you are very lucky these may lead you to a searchable on line manual.     
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2022, 04:48:00 PM »
There was/is a Haynes manual for the Mk 1 Jazz and it is as much use as a chocolate teapot. I am considering forking out £26 for the Haynes Autofix for my model Jazz.

BlueMonday

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2022, 05:32:04 PM »
Thank-you Derkie54, Lord Voltermore and Jocko.
I had a look at the Haynes autofix link you provided and that may be my best option.

I agree that using Youtube has helped me many times in the past, and watching someone do the repair is often more helpful than pictures and instructions in a book.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2022, 08:52:49 PM »
I use youtube a lot for help. The answer to most things is nearly always on there. I've tackled loads of jobs after having seen it done on youtube first. Great resource.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2022, 01:03:15 PM »

The car has been serviced before I bought it but I like to keep some spare engine oil to hand, my car is without the gasoline particulate filter, is 5W-30 the correct engine oil?
Best choice is 0W20 oil, coxmotorparts sells Honda, Castrol and Mobil proper lubricants for your Jazz.

BlueMonday

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2022, 06:47:54 PM »

Best choice is 0W20 oil, coxmotorparts sells Honda, Castrol and Mobil proper lubricants for your Jazz.

Many thanks jazzaro.

Editing to say I have just had a look at the coxmotorparts website you linked to and I am sure it will come in handy for parts one day, thanks again.

Regarding the engine oil, they sell genuine Honda OW20 type 2 synthetic engine oil.
I see they also sell Castrol Magnatec OW30 stop start C2 fully synthetic.
Is that for the idle stop feature? I try to remember to press the button to turn that off.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 07:09:36 PM by BlueMonday »

jazzaro

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2022, 07:33:59 PM »

Many thanks jazzaro.

Editing to say I have just had a look at the coxmotorparts website you linked to and I am sure it will come in handy for parts one day, thanks again.

Regarding the engine oil, they sell genuine Honda OW20 type 2 synthetic engine oil.
I see they also sell Castrol Magnatec OW30 stop start C2 fully synthetic.
Is that for the idle stop feature? I try to remember to press the button to turn that off.
You're welcome.
Acea C2 0w30 oil is for the 1.6 diesel engine of Civics and Crv with particulate filter. C_x specification is for engines with particulate filters, oils have a low sulphur composition to avoid filter clogging: engines without particulate filters can use oils with sulphur and this helps engine lubrication, so if possible avoid Acea Cxx oils.
Castrol 0w20, and the Honda Type2 are both good oils for your engine, as 0w20 they are good for star and stop mode.
The general law is the following: apart from specific engines with a user manual writing "DO NOT USE THESE OILS : .....", engines WITH particulate filters (petrol and diesel, so GPF and DPF) MUST use ACEA Cx oils with low saps specifications, other oils will permanently clogge and damage the particulate filter.
Engines WITHOUT particulate filters can use ACEA Ax, Bx and Cx oils but it's better to avoid ACEA Cx, since the low saps formulation is not the best for engine lubrication.
About a 0W20 oil and the general belief that it's too thin and light for our engine... Consider that this viscosity is used  for modern turbo supercharged engines like the 1.5 Civic petrol engine, 180hp, so no worry about our 102 hp naturally aspirated 1.3 16v.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 01:21:47 PM by jazzaro »

BlueMonday

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2022, 01:29:54 PM »
Wow, what a fantastic reply jazarro.
I learned a lot from that.
Thank-you very much.

Tags: