Author Topic: Should I wax my white perleasant Jazz??  (Read 2259 times)

Glosrich

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S iVtec
Re: Should I wax my white perleasant Jazz??
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 11:36:45 PM »
Seriously consider getting a drying towel, so much better than a chamois leather, and some small microfibre towels for around the door shuts and wheels.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/cleanyourcar-huge-39-fluffy-39-drying-towel

In my experience polishing or waxing is a waste of time now these new spray products are available, just dry the car then spray and buff off with that Megiaurs spray or something like Gyeon wet coat, or turtle Wax ceramic spray wax.
So quick and easy, lovely and glossy and lasts longer than old polish.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2022, 10:37:16 AM »
FWIW, I use a soft brush and Autoglym shampoo for wetting and shifting most dirt from my cars/bikes. I have a Muc-off brush (the big one here https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/102083 )    which has long soft filaments, it holds a fair amount of water and has a nice rubber body. In theory it won't cause scratches from moving the dirt particles and they get flushed away with the water.

I use Autoglym resin polish occasionally, but more recently I've switched to Autoglym Rapid Aqua wax (from a recommendation on this forum) and have to say it is so easy and effective to use I rarely use the resin polish now. The aqua wax comes with a couple of good quality microfibre cloths. I use one to apply the wax and wash it after each use, the other I use dry to buff the wax and wash it if it shows any dirt.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2022, 07:11:21 PM »
It was lovely. Automatic and rear-wheel drive. It is no wonder BMW stick with rear-wheel drive. Such a beautiful driving experience.
Except for the One Series which is now front wheel drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2022, 04:36:17 AM »
My driving style, it doesn't matter which are the drive wheels. Can't tell the difference.

Nice not to have the high lump down the centre of the car though. Front wheel drive is safer in icy conditions as well. I remember the back end trying to breakaway on a few occasions on black ice.
Let's be careful out there !

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2022, 09:34:52 AM »
I traded in a new style One series to buy my Jazz. I discovered that it is actually a Mini Cooper S with a different body.
Neil Ives

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 09:54:01 AM »
I traded in a new style One series to buy my Jazz. I discovered that it is actually a Mini Cooper S with a different body.
Correct, same platform

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags:

anything