Author Topic: Creaking suspension  (Read 641 times)

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
Creaking suspension
« on: May 27, 2022, 08:46:31 PM »
I have absolutely loved my 2016 EX NAVI AUTO, and apart from running out of energy on long hills, It’s been the perfect car. As I have today collected my new hybrid Jazz, I must put my 2016 into showroom condition, to achieve the best price. The only thing that I need to attend to, is a loud creaking, from the suspension, upon entering or leaving the vehicle. It’s difficult to say which side it’s from, but I wondered if it’s a common issue.
It is usually worse when the weather is dry, so is it a case of  squirting an aerosol solution, on any “rubbery bits” that look suspect? Also, is there anywhere to avoid?

A recommendation of what to use, would be perfect.

Thanks in anticipation of replies.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: Creaking suspension
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2022, 08:55:15 PM »
are you sure it isnt coming from the rear brakes with the hand brake on when getting in the car

i used to have creaks going over speed bumps on my mk2 jazz in the winter but not in summer and that was from the rubber bushings on the anti roll bar

i dont get that on my mk3 as of yet but sometimes i get some creaks from the brakes getting in the car with the hand brake on
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 09:00:43 PM by monkeydave »

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
Re: Creaking suspension
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 10:12:45 PM »
are you sure it isnt coming from the rear brakes with the hand brake on when getting in the car

i dont get that on my mk3 as of yet but sometimes i get some creaks from the brakes getting in the car with the hand brake on

Same here, from new!
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Tags:

anything