Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Voice Commands
« Last post by shufty on March 26, 2024, 06:30:59 PM »
...I only use the long press which will bring up your Android or Apple voice assistant. Which works well.
The short press to bring up the Honda assistant has never understood me on any command given!

...I do find it is much better on the HR-V I should add.
« Last post by shufty on March 26, 2024, 06:22:39 PM »
...I only use the long press which will bring up your Android or Apple voice assistant. Which works well.
The short press to bring up the Honda assistant has never understood me on any command given!
Sorry? Long/Short press of what?

...The voice command button.
Just pressing it will bring up the Honda voice assistant. If you keep the button pressed for an extra second or so it will bring up the voice assistant of your phone if it is connected via Android Auto / Apple Car Play.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Clubjazz is not an airport...
« Last post by Johncb500 on March 26, 2024, 04:17:50 PM »
Enjoy your time away

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk

RIP jazzy Jeff

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

« Last post by Geoff_W on March 26, 2024, 04:09:47 PM »
Sorry? Long/Short press of what?
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Clubjazz is not an airport...
« Last post by trebor1652 on March 26, 2024, 04:07:06 PM »
Bon voyage

Enjoy your diversion in life.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Clubjazz is not an airport...
« Last post by richardfrost on March 26, 2024, 04:03:43 PM »
...and I do not need to announce my departure!

But with the scrapping of my beloved Jazzy Jeff I am no longer even a Honda owner, although that has a good chance of changing when I inevitably decide to swap my Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16646.0

I have found this forum to be a delightful source of diversion from the travails of everyday life and also of top driving and car ownership tips. It has helped me with the relatively easy rear door catch not working issue on the Mk1 Jazz, and with the fiendishly difficult to diagnose throttle issues we had back in around 2016. Back then, a forum member, TG, not only correctly diagnosed the issue (to the disbelief, initially, of the garage owner who had attempted to diagnose it) but also offered to pop round with his tools to fix the problem. TG you have my eternal gratitude.

I have also found the vast majority of members to be lovely people with a wide range of opinions on the exact same topic and an unerring, laser like ability to go off topic and remain off topic for an endless amount of posts.

So thanks all for the help and company. I will retain my account and may drop by occasionally, and should I get a Jazz Mk8 I may well be back full time.

Thanks again and so long, until the next time.
« Last post by shufty on March 26, 2024, 03:59:23 PM »
Having thought it over for a while, I decided to scrap Jazzy Jeff. Having been sat on my drive for 5 weeks, he started up first time, but initially refused to release his handbrake. Luckily, a relatively recent clutch managed to force Jeff into motion, and with the scrape of a wheel and the twang of a spring, he inched backwards, turned around and reversed back into place to await the executioner.

The jolly car breaker arrived soon after and managed to coax Jeff up the steep ramps and on to the back of the Mercedes Sprinter. With a tear in my eye I watched him as he was conveyed to his death by a thousand eBay spare parts. Oh how my son must have regretted feeding him a tank full of petrol a mere 60 miles before his crippling encounter with a series of pot holes.

RIP Jazzy Jeff. Born 2004, Japan. Died 2024, Baxenden. Mileage - 148,000 - 63,000 of them with us. Value - £213.

Know you were loved.

History...
Jeff joined the Frost Family in November 2013, at 84,000 miles and costing £2,900, having had just two previous owners. He was intended for my eldest for his 21st birthday, to use at University and generally mobility. Jeff really helped him in his early film career, scouting and getting to locations and various brief jobs. The car was in pretty good condition apart from a few dents, with 85,000 miles on the clock and two previous owners. He turned the air-con off to save fuel and sadly it never worked again. If he'd have mentioned it I would have told him to leave it on.

He went to London in 2017 to make his fortune and left Jazzy Jeff here on my drive. I drove him a little bit but mostly he sat there as I couldn't figure out what to do with him. Eventually, my younger son's partner's car packed in, so she drove Jeff for a year or so, before leasing a new car.

In early 2020, just before lockdown, my youngest passed his driving test and took on Jeff as his first car, and he has been working as his tiler's van and runabout ever since, famously making the Kessler Run (Yorkshire to Pembrokeshire and back) in less than 12 parsecs. We must have spent a few thousand pounds on Jeff over the years to keep him going. He's a bit like Trigger's Broom now, most recently a new battery, NSR window and clutch. He was written off a couple of years ago in a minor front end collision but we got a bumper from a scrapper and kept him going, despite the rust and on board swimming pool.

Sadly, the state of our roads has done for his suspension. I'm not sure it would be a cheap repair but there comes a time when you have to stop investing in a car that was built 20 years ago. He is at almost 150,000 miles, has the usual wheel arch rust and flooded boot problem, only one working key, the mechanical lock mechanism doesn't work and, as of this week, the rear hatch does not lock, which is an issue when there's hundreds of pounds of tools in there.

So we decided to cut our losses and got my lad something which is not a van but more suitable for his job as a tiler. We chose a Dacia Duster 4x4 with the ubiquitous Renault 1.5DCi engine. Jeff is technically still a runner with 9 months MOT, a good engine and transmission, but dreadful suspension damage and a partially collapsed rear wheel. So, sadly, Jazzy Jeff has driven his last few metres - off my drive and on to the back of a Mercedes Sprinter.
« Last post by Geoff_W on March 26, 2024, 03:52:39 PM »
Thanks for all your replies. Not sure how I missed the blindingly obvious commands in the manual, but at least now I can have a play.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything