Author Topic: Help please?  (Read 2651 times)

guest4030

Help please?
« on: February 12, 2017, 09:13:29 AM »
Hi I have a 2007 Honda Jazz cvt.
About 2 weeks ago amber engine light came on my friend came round with his scanner and it came up with code P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor "A" everything was ok and it reset.
No more problems until last night driving home and car started juddering engine light came on green d light started flashing speedometer stopped working and then amber power steering light came on got home turned car off power steering light now gone off others remain I will get my friend round tomorrow but have looked up on internet and it looks like the problem is the speed sensor on top of the transmission.
Has anyone else had this problem and where can you get a speed sensor?

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Help please?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 06:35:01 PM »
Not a problem that I can recall on here, and eBay does not appear to be flooded with spares.
If the sensors are the problem then they should easy to reach once the airbox is removed.
Sometimes these things are relatively cheap at Honda, sometimes not.  I might be able to post you a salvage one if you can wait a week.

This page might help: http://www.hondafitjazz.com/transmission_cvt.html
--
TG

guest4030

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:39:57 PM »
Have looked on internet and apparently the speed sensor on the transmission can cause all the faults I have but there are two sensors a long one and a short one so I hope when I plug the scan tool in it gives some indication to which one it is thanks for the reply

guest4030

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:13:58 AM »
Plugged scanner in and it came up with code P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor "A" again anyway spoke to a friend of mine and he said it might have just got wet.
Anyway it was wet that night and i did go through some big puddles so i cleaned all connections with contact cleaner and then used an air line  to make sure everything was dry and sprayed all the connections with silicon spray, cleared the fault and all is fine now!!!

Thanks for all the help :)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 01:09:58 PM »
I hope my Engine management Light was a similar problem. It was particularly wet and wild when it occurred.

Tags: