Author Topic: How much Weight Jazz can carry?  (Read 12135 times)

guest6436

How much Weight Jazz can carry?
« on: December 17, 2016, 04:35:19 PM »
Hello everyone, I need to transport something heavy (a bunch of flooring) for about 200miles,
I have transported in past about 400-500kg max in the Jazz and it felt fine apart from being really sluggish.
What's the max weight you have transported in yours or is there a max number somewhere?
I'm looking at around 700-800kg this time.

thanks.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: How much Weight Jazz can carry?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 04:53:02 PM »
Have you looked in the back of the handbook? There are usually two weights: Empty and gross (= maximum). The difference is likely to be no more than 500kg, which needs to include the driver and any passengers as well as the cargo.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:51:34 PM »
Kerb weight of Jazz (with full fuel etc ) is just under 1100kg. Looking on Honda fit site they state 385kg max load (with a photo of tyre info plate from drivers B pillar)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 05:59:56 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 08:29:48 PM »
Lugging stuff round town at low speed is a bit different to being heavily loaded at 70mph, plus you won't be able to reach the spare without un-loading.  It sounds like you've got a minimum of two trips worth so you might as well spend £40 on a van and save on the fuel.
--
TG

guest6436

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 02:07:11 AM »
sadly I do not have the handbook anymore...
Also I think it's scary enough to do 70mph with fully empty Jazz so I never go that fast in mine as it just feels wrong..max 60mph for me , I would sit at 50mph all day If It wouldn't disturb others to get better MPG.
heh  :P

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 08:26:44 AM »
Lugging stuff round town at low speed is a bit different to being heavily loaded at 70mph, plus you won't be able to reach the spare without un-loading.  It sounds like you've got a minimum of two trips worth so you might as well spend £40 on a van and save on the fuel.
--
TG

After tragic tyre failures in USA due to vehicle overloading car companies have to state max carrying load on the tyre info sticker,  for most 4 / 5 seaters seems to be less than 400KG  including luggage. I don't know why max load is not included on UK tyre information sticker on drivers door pillar,  seems pretty important information to me.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2013/09/the-heavy-reality-of-car-weight-limits-and-weight-capacity/index.htm
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 09:01:26 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: