Author Topic: CD player  (Read 3561 times)

guest5666

CD player
« on: October 03, 2015, 07:46:26 PM »
My CD player is pretty crap at playing home recorded CD's. Stutters and skips through most of them. Is there an upgrade available to a more 'modern' CD/Radio so that I can enjoy my compilations without all the stress. (Ironically, the only CD that doesn't skip is Paul Hardcastle's  NN nnn NNNN Nineteen! )  ;)

guest5505

• Topic Starter
Re: CD player
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 08:47:15 PM »
it might work out cheaper just to buy some decent, original, CDs !

guest5666

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 06:09:45 PM »
..no chance. My eclectic mixes are legendary/comical (delete as appropriate).

I mean, where would I get a CD that  follows The Clash with Turkish Eurovision entries from the 80's .. then into Joni Mitchell, via Northern Soul and Celtic Rock?  ;D

philskynet

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 si
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 08:09:22 AM »
cd's???   what are cd's??... :D

guest5666

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »
cd's???   what are cd's??... :D

Get what you're saying but that's my point .....my 2004 CD player wont do anything else!

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »
I don't record cd's much now as I copy the music onto memory sticks to use in my usb port. However when I did the same as you on my previous car I started having similar problems to you with some cd's refusing to play properly on my car player but OK elsewhere. I think the problems were related to a new computer which had a dvd/cd recorder instead of a cd recorder, a google search at the time seemed to confirm this as other people were having similar problems. What I did find was that whatever brand of blank cd's used to work OK weren't OK anymore , and trying different blank cd's helped. In my case writing the music on Verbatim cd's now worked, whereas the Phillips ones I used before didn't.
So to cut a long story short, it may be worth your while experimenting by rewriting your music on a different brand(s) of cd , or trying a different computer/ cd writer to see if it helps.
There are times when listening to my music is the only thing that keeps me sane while stuck in traffic , so I sympathise with your predicament, and hope my suggestions might help.

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 05:15:12 PM »
Try recording CD-R's at a far lower speed than 48x that most computers default to.

8x or 16x should be OK

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 07:19:20 PM »
(Ironically, the only CD that doesn't skip is Paul Hardcastle's  NN nnn NNNN Nineteen! )  ;)

What about 'My G-G-Generation' by the Who ? ;)

Tags:

anything