Author Topic: Mats - recommendations?  (Read 7641 times)

guest5666

Mats - recommendations?
« on: September 26, 2015, 08:45:10 PM »
The mats installed into my Jazz by the cost cutting dealer are frankly, crap. Dont really fit, and just sit on the floor with no attachments at all.

So, any ideas on decent priced proper mats appreciated?

guest5589

• Topic Starter
Re: Mats - recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 10:43:34 PM »
are the ones in your car made to measure? I mean are they for the Jazz or generic type?
for around £20 you can get made to measure ones off eBay but they don't come with fixing bracket.

Your other option will be to buy genuine ones off a dealer. for around £45-50 they are the top choice and come with fixing bracket too..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Honda-Jazz-Carpet-Mats-Floor-mats-2002-2008-/350224594925?hash=item518b0337ed

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 10:55:33 PM »
I bought these, for my Jazz...... http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003VY2RJO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_bia_detailpage_o05_s00

All four, fit perfectly.

They don't have the strange patterned, heel reinforcement, shown. Just another thickness of carpet, instead.

David.
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

guest5666

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 11:58:39 PM »
Thanks, dont think they will fit mine though,. I assume my Jazz is a mk2? 2004?

Dayjo

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 09:37:44 AM »
David.

emmerdale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 EX 2013
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 01:27:01 PM »
Try Car Mats uk

guest5666

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »

I'd guess, your's is a Mk1.

Have a look here...... https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_10_8?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=car+mats+for+honda+jazz&sprefix=car+mats%2Cautomotive%2C224

David.

These look good, will order them up, thanks David!

guest5505

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 07:29:47 PM »
Depends on how much you want to pay. I've bought them from Auto Style before, £60 but you'll get top quality. I've just paid £9.50 for some rubber mats from Amazon which I have cut to size

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 08:36:37 PM »

I'd guess, your's is a Mk1.

Have a look here...... https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_10_8?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=car+mats+for+honda+jazz&sprefix=car+mats%2Cautomotive%2C224

David.

These look good, will order them up, thanks David!

do keep in mind that these wont come with any attachments either! unless your car has the bracket already fixed in the front right of the driver's seat, the new mats will just lie in place as your previous ones.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 10:38:44 PM »
do keep in mind that these wont come with any attachments either! unless your car has the bracket already fixed in the front right of the driver's seat, the new mats will just lie in place as your previous ones.

My car doesn't have the bracket, and the mats have laid in place, for the past four months.

The only movement has been, when I took them out to shake them.....

David.
David.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 09:08:25 PM »

My car doesn't have the bracket, and the mats have laid in place, for the past four months.

The only movement has been, when I took them out to shake them.....

David.

Hi David, OP said in his first post that 'The mats installed into my Jazz by the cost cutting dealer are frankly, crap. Dont really fit, and just sit on the floor with no attachments at all. '

His concern was that his current mats are sitting on the floor with no attachment. I was trying to give him the solution he asked for.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 10:23:08 PM »
His concern was that his current mats are sitting on the floor with no attachment. I was trying to give him the solution he asked for.

Hi Ary. Agreed!

Though. I was trying to say, the attachments are not really needed. When the mats, properly, fit the contours of the footwell.

David.

David.

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 11:06:05 PM »

Hi Ary. Agreed!

Though. I was trying to say, the attachments are not really needed. When the mats, properly, fit the contours of the footwell.

David.

Same in my GD Jazz, I have tailored aftermarket mats but no attachment and they seem to stay in place ..
The same cannot be said for the Yaris I had, I put genuine Toyota mats in it and there were a couple of time when throttle pedal got stuck in them as they used to move about. .was quite scary but later i learnt to kick them back with my heel during driving - :D

Dayjo

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 10:54:22 PM »
The same cannot be said for the Yaris I had, I put genuine Toyota mats in it and there were a couple of time when throttle pedal got stuck in them as they used to move about. .was quite scary but later i learnt to kick them back with my heel during driving - :D

Funny, you should mention Yaris mats.

My'52 reg. auto. Had a single peg, through the mat, into the floor. No problem, to me, in 9 years ownership.......

Whenever my son drove it, his feet always tangled with the mat! One day, he threw it onto the rear seat. As he was driving!

He now owns the car. But, no mats........

David.
David.

Tags: