Author Topic: Fog lamp - curious  (Read 2248 times)

guest5666

Fog lamp - curious
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:37:39 PM »
Testing out the lights on my newly purchased Jazz, I at first assumed there was an issue with a bulb when my passenger side rear foglamp didnt come on. Peeling off the cover I was surprised to see that there is no wires for that lamp. Seems there isn't one. There is only a single rear fog lamp and its on the driver side.

Is that some kind of design fault?

My other cars have had foglamps on both sides, which seems to make safety sense, as a single light - peeping through the fog on a motorway - would not really be assisting anyone behind with the perspective and size of my vehicle. (The very same reason why having one front headlight not working is illegal).

Unless of course, it's just my deformed Jazz???

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: Fog lamp - curious
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 12:08:33 AM »
if it is the rear fog lights there is only one if it is the fronts you got a deformed car

lots of cars have only one fog light on the back

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
having a single rear fog lamp has been the norm for years, certainly within Europe car makers just use one and its on the left or right depending whether its left or right hand drive. So its on the right for RHD and left for LHD.

guest5666

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
oh, right, well, my old cars all had two on the rear! Anyway, at least I know its notmy Jazz. thanks.  ;)

guest4477

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »
The good think about having one rear fog lamp is what its meant for,these Pratt's that dont switch off you can tell what fogs and whats brake lights.

Tags: