Author Topic: Cheap to fill up!!!  (Read 1827 times)

guest5107

Cheap to fill up!!!
« on: September 20, 2015, 02:47:24 PM »
Well we've only had our jazz for a couple of weeks but we're very pleased with what it costs to fill up. Our old frv 1.8 cost about £65 to fill the tank, for the first time since owing the Jazz I filled the tank from just under a quarter full, it cost £33 :) I couldnt believe it!
What sort of miles should I get from a tankfull?
Cheers. Gaz.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Cheap to fill up!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 03:16:39 PM »
Well petrol is cheaper at the moment.

400 odd miles from a tank here. 450 on a good day, light might come on, but for me that means there is still at least 50 miles in the tank, if not 75 or more.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »
The Jazz is renowned for its pessimistic fuel gauging system but the tank is under the front seats floor and is therefore flat and shallow so not easy to install an accurate gauging system in.
The low level light and 'miles to go to refuel' are both pessimistic.
I have set my 'A' mileage to automatically zero when I refuel and reckon on refuelling at 400 miles although nearer 450 should be possible depending on type of usage.
The 'miles to go' system will read about 475 when I have just refuelled but soon seems to work on a figure based on 400.

Vic.

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 09:17:23 PM »
 :) I'm still chuffed with my mpg after a few years of ownership. Drive it carefully and it seems like it lasts forever, have a search about for mpg topics.

The gd1 can be popped into high gears at low speeds, so even around town I'm in 4th or 5th gear.

If you keep filling the tank so it's brimmed I seem to remember I got about 50miles before the gauge actually moved from full. It depends on if it's hilly where you live, if it's quite flat 50mpg is easy. So 400 to the tank easily.

Tags: