Author Topic: spark plugs  (Read 2949 times)

dave456

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 es 2006 cvt
spark plugs
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:29:19 PM »
hi members i have a honda jazz 1,4 2008 reg.i would lie know if any members has fitted bosch super 4 spark plugs, i was going to try these plugs has a better spark than normal plugs any suggestion about these plugs  thank you dave. 

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: spark plugs
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »
i would just stick to the uridium ones as they last 75k so no messing about

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:01:27 PM »
bog standard NGKs, 8 aren't expensive for an i-Dsi engine. 30 mins, job done.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 10:15:35 PM »
I think Bosch super 4 plugs work on the principle that spark will initially use smallest or most convenient gap of the 4 between ground electrodes and centre pin and when that gap starts to wear it will use next smallest gap and so on and because there are 4 ground electrodes and 1 centre electrode it will slow down the rate of wear on the electrodes and so last longer without using Iridium. These 4 electrode plugs have been around for years and I did try them many years ago but didn't notice any difference in performance.   

If you want to splash out now and 'fit and forget' some plugs and not have bother of changing them for 75K get Iridium ones ( can't go wrong with NGK Iridium plugs,  they have nickel plated threads to stop them seizing in aluminium cylinder heads).  I use them in my motorbike and combustion in bike engines is normally harsher and more challenging than in car engines, and it always starts OK and runs well.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 10:18:25 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 12:14:14 AM »
Always used NGK's never had a problem. Not sure what you would gain fitting uprated plugs. It is only a DSI engine not a VTEC. If they gave VTEC performance I would of done that years ago..........

guest5562

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »
I will always use the standard NGKs at around £2 each... as per the handbook spec. Never been a fan of long life plugs in any car due to the potential for seizing.

Tags: