Author Topic: Jazz sport side skirts on a SE Model  (Read 3055 times)

guest2913

Jazz sport side skirts on a SE Model
« on: July 17, 2015, 09:58:52 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has put the jazz sport side skirts on a se model? The car in question is 2006 SE model
well it was my birthday first week in july and i got some off a scrapped jazz which arrived today, all fits together but one problem is, they nothing for the push clips to go into the under the car?
has anyone came across this problem and how to fix it or am a solo on this one and will be asked Q&A in the future? haha

guest1898

• Topic Starter
Re: Jazz sport side skirts on a SE Model
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 04:27:16 AM »
I just fabricated some brackets out of bent metal strips and pop rivetted them on. Ensure you apply some double sided sticky tape ala Blue Peter style to prevent body rub on paint work and to further secure the skirts.

I also screwed retaining screws through each end into where the mud guard holes are, I think that there's none at the fronts so just screwed into the black plastic arch trim.

Regards

Andrew

guest4477

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 11:37:10 PM »
Hi Jazzy James,i have fitted side skirts removed from 06 sport onto my 07se model  no problem,if you cant find any bottom plates you need to get making some you must have them,have you got the plastic clips on the top inside brackets if so these should slot into sqare holes in the sills fitted to the sport model what yours has not got,no problem cut the piece of that goes into the hole,go and buy a tube of Tiger Grip from any auto shop put a sqirt on the flat surface of plastic clip and also a long the top edge of the skirt put in place on your seal apply some masking tape up and down for support leave for 4 hours to set after 10 hrs fully set much better than double sided tape  all body moldings fitted in this way in the trade now,i have also fitted a sport front bumper with the spot lights  any problems this is my Contact No 07860691278 Graham.

guest2913

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:18:05 AM »
I just used picture frame hooks bent over to fit in the rear wheel arch and i did a test run at 3 digit figure and they stayed on but i will relook at them, thank for the advice!

graham i did put a sports bumper on my car then it get crashed into and the insurance assed on with it so it was the easy thing i have done haha, the only thing i did differenet was turned the dog lights into DRL because my SE didnt have fogs in the first place

Tags:

anything