Author Topic: Short question about side mirrors  (Read 1671 times)

guest5448

Short question about side mirrors
« on: May 24, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »
Hi!

I just got stuck with one of my friends' car for like 3 months while he's out of the country. It's a 2005 (manufactured december 2004) manual ES version.

It's a fun car to drive around the town but due to the same overcrowded town i live in, parking lots are extremely tight, therefore i tried to fold the mirrors so i could avoid any additional "charges" just in case some careless driver messes up with them.
Now comes the silly question : I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO FOLD THEM :)). I googled it and apparently there should be some sort of a button (mirrors are indeed heated) next to the adjustment joystick but there's none. I tried to fold them while ignition was on, but they seem really stuck, and i didn't want to break anything since it's not my car.

Could you guys please assist with this...maybe there's something i'm missing, but i checked for that bloody button and there's nowhere to be seen!   >:(

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Re: Short question about side mirrors
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »

IMG_20150525_182713_734 by macplaxton, on Flickr

Should be a button top left of this one.

Else you ain't got one.

Edited to add own photo
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:45:20 PM by Eddie Honda »

guest5448

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 11:39:31 PM »
Ok, there is none.
This means there's no way in which i can fold the mirrors, right?
 :(

guest4324

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 05:03:01 AM »
Normally you can fold the mirrors manually by just pushing them back over the "fixed" position. Same when unfolding, push them until they go over the feelable notch so they stay in position. I think all cars are like this so that if you knock something the mirrors fold back instead of breaking. ( as long as you're not doing 100 mph and hit a post!!).  :-\

Tags:

anything