Author Topic: Center console bulbs  (Read 5260 times)

Jem

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz sport 1.4 In blue! :D
Center console bulbs
« on: April 24, 2015, 04:48:13 AM »
Hello all.

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to a guide to help me change the center console bulbs.
One of the bulbs on my radio went a few months back. The bit where the volume is but that does not bother me too much.

Now I have had another bulb(s) go which is where the air con controls are.

It is the circled area where the bulb has just gone. Where can I get a replacement bulb and is it hard to change?

Thanks.

Jem

tonytan

• Approved Member
Re: Center console bulbs
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 11:58:14 PM »
Hi Jem

The radio has to be removed first then you can get to the switches which is mounted on the back of the radio panel, remove switch and bulb is mounted on the back of the switch housing which unscrews with a tiny screwdriver.
The bulbs can only be obtained from a Honda dealer as its a very tiny bulb mounted onto its own holder. It comes in two colour either orange for the heated rear window switch or blue for the aircon switch. To remove radio instructions can be found on the online workshop manual from the clubjazz website.

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 01:05:06 PM »
Try this guide, I know it's for a manual A/C dash, but the idea is the same, radio out, etc.

http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/73640-diy-replacing-c-button-backlight.html

or if your Japanese is good...

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/456450/car/375708/634970/note.aspx

I'll need to look up sometime what the bases are called. They are also used on SAAB switches. If you Google "saab switch bulbs" you'll find similar.

Jem

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz sport 1.4 In blue! :D
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:33:20 PM »
Thanks guys. At some point I will pull the radio and and check to see if its a connection issue as the other night the temp control on the a/c was not lit up. I adjusted it with a quick thump from below and it came back on. Hopefully the wires will just need a wiggle.

Tags: