Author Topic: Power Steering woes  (Read 2258 times)

guest5384

Power Steering woes
« on: April 18, 2015, 01:47:39 PM »
Hey people, I recently got my first jazz the other day a 2003 gli. After about 400km in it i have noticed it has VERY heavy steerling. To the point where it is a real struggle to reverse parallel park because of the sheer amount of force it takes to turn back and forth (and im an 85kg 30yo male) Obviously my first course of action was to check the power steering fluids whereby I found out the jazz doesnt even use hydraulic power steering! So now im left wondering what the hell to do! I have found countless issues on google relating to the steering on the Jazz. Im shocked to say the least. Has anyone here experienced this and how did they fix it? At this point, the steering is so arduous that its ruining the whole car for me. There is no EPS warning light etc as some others have mentioned so I dont know what should be my next course of action. Thanks in advance.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Power Steering woes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »
 On a 2003 may well need looking at -  in addition to the electric motor the motor there is a control unit which senses torque (by the current the motor is using).  Jazz steering is very light at parking speeds but stiffens up as speed rises.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »
Maybe check the EPS warning light bulb in case some cheeky scamp has removed it?

Following the trouble-shooting in the workshop manual? http://www.hondafitjazz.com/steering.html

guest5384

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 01:07:49 AM »
Thanks guys. Is it generally expensive to fix these sorts of things?

Tags: