Author Topic: Jazz 2003 parking sensor bleeper/speaker/buzzer :-)  (Read 4154 times)

guest5370

Jazz 2003 parking sensor bleeper/speaker/buzzer :-)
« on: April 07, 2015, 07:21:25 AM »
Hello world

First of all i would like to thank you all for loads of great tips/info i have already found on these forums (i have been lurking here for sometime unregistered) .
If there is anyone who can help me with my (i believe simple) problem that would be much appreciated.
I have recently purchased old Jazz (03) and although I'm loving it there is something which i would love to sort out. i have been to some garages yesterday but no one seems to know. I have factory fitted parking sensors and they do work nicely its just that someone must have set the volume way beyond max as i can hear windows cracking everytime I'm trying to park at home (or anywhere really). All I'm trying to do is to find that little speakers or buzzer which is emitting that high pitch sound everytime i get into revers gear and stick some tape over it to make it a bit more bearable. I know that easiest thing would be to go to the Honda dealer and book in but i cannot justify time&money spend on something so simple. If someone knows where to find that buzzer you will make me a very happy man. Thanks in advance !!! 

Simon

guest2913

• Topic Starter
Re: Jazz 2003 parking sensor bleeper/speaker/buzzer :-)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »
try looking in the bays behide the tail lights covers, it possible hidden there or turn the ignition on and put it in R and stand where the parking sensors are and try and manual guess where it hidden but I would say it's behide the cover for replacing the rear tail lights.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 09:37:59 AM »
should be a volume control on the control unit or somewhere in the system,  leave the tailgate open when doing as JazzyJames suggests and when you find speaker you may well find control unit as well - if they are factory fitted contact Honda UK or a main dealer for info - have you looked in handbook.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5370

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 04:37:24 PM »
Guys Thanks a LOT! i managed to find the control box with some wires going in. it was behind right tail light cover accessible from inside the boot. I was happy because i thought that the box contains the speaker as well (its got several little holes in it and really looks like there is a speaker inside)   so i covered it with some tape and bubblewrap only to find out that it didn't make any difference and that the buzzer is probably hidden somewhere else. one if the wires looks like its going up somewhere into the roof. So i called my friend and he was trying to locate where the beeping is coming from whilst i was engaging the rear gear repeatedly. and we both came to the same conclusion that it must be hidden (you wont believe it) somewhere in the roof above and slightly behind drivers head. WHO on earth would ever install such a mind crippling device in the roof right behind drivers ears? and why? now i do not know I'm brave enough to try to remove that soft lining covering the roof,,,, maybe i will ask around in some garages whether they want to have a go. anyway thanks again at least i know where the control box is and i got the option just to cut the wires if i wont find that speaker.    cheers folks have a lovely weekend !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 07:04:24 PM »
i would expect the control box to have a sensitivity (sensing distance adjustment) and volume control on it, they may just be holes in the box with some markings / lettering moulded into plastic and you are meant to put a small screwdriver through and turn it.  Is there a makers name or model number on the control box ? may be easy to get instructions off their website.

as a last resort go to maplins and but some resistors and solder one into one of the leads going to beeper, (start with 10 ohms 1 watt ) this will reduce current going to beeper and lower the volume.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:08:16 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5370

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 02:30:03 PM »
Thank you again. i decided to cut the original buzzer off and replace it with a new £2 one as it was impossible to get to it without dismantling the whole roof. thanks very much

Tags:

anything