Author Topic: Honda Jazz 54 Plate 1.2  (Read 9321 times)

guest4675

Honda Jazz 54 Plate 1.2
« on: February 16, 2015, 06:12:36 PM »
Been advised by the garage that I need two front calipers with carriers and 4 slide bolts.

They had contacted Honda directly but they said the price was obscene and advised me to see if I could find some parts myself.

Does anyone have any guidance or encountered a similar issue the cars only worth 1.5k tops so I don't really want to be spending more than around £500 or otherwise might have to look into moving the car along unfortunately. 

guest4512

• Topic Starter
Re: Honda Jazz 54 Plate 1.2
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 08:26:17 PM »
You can get reconditioned calipers from Eurocarparts.com for around 80-90 per axle,  it's an exchange for the old one.

guest4675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:08:06 PM »
You can get reconditioned calipers from Eurocarparts.com for around 80-90 per axle,  it's an exchange for the old one.
No its the carriers they connect to that sounds like the issue but apparently you can only buy them in full assembly sets only.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 11:34:17 PM »
Are the calipers seized up?
Can't they clean them off and grease the sliders, If they unbolt the caliper bracket they can wire brush and clean them up to reuse. You can buy caliper recon kits and new slide bolts cheap.
moob is right, you can get recon units, cheap, from motor factors. Don't they include the fixing bracket or is that only the oem kits. Go into a local factor, tell them what you need and let them look in their catalogues.

There are a set of used front brakes on the 'bay, cheap, could reuse the parts cleaned up? item number:

Good luck.

guest4675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 10:09:18 AM »
Are the calipers seized up?
Can't they clean them off and grease the sliders, If they unbolt the caliper bracket they can wire brush and clean them up to reuse. You can buy caliper recon kits and new slide bolts cheap.
moob is right, you can get recon units, cheap, from motor factors. Don't they include the fixing bracket or is that only the oem kits. Go into a local factor, tell them what you need and let them look in their catalogues.

There are a set of used front brakes on the 'bay, cheap, could reuse the parts cleaned up? item number:

Good luck.
Apparently the bolts and the holes they are screwed into are worn which is creating the issue they didn't say anything about the calipers being seized more just the fact they couldn't get the parts for the carrier / bracket without purchasing the whole assembly kit. I'm a bit flummoxed by it all tbh.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 07:51:01 PM »
OK, shame if they cannot clean them up for you. They are right, the price from Honda is taking the weewee. You should try some breakers and see if you can find a reasonable set from a scrap car.

Try these people.

http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/

This supplier has carriers for sale separately, you might try them? Ask do they do fronts.

http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/#!/shop/HONDA/JAZZ/04-08/JAZZ%201.2%20i-DSI%20Models%20%281243cc%29/Rear%20-%20Brake%20Calipers%20and%20Wheel%20cylinders

If not, then Lingshonda have them for an eyewatering 375 per side, for a kit. The diagram shows the kit.

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SAA401&block_02=B__2200&block_03=20178

guest4675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 10:17:24 PM »
OK, shame if they cannot clean them up for you. They are right, the price from Honda is taking the weewee. You should try some breakers and see if you can find a reasonable set from a scrap car.

Try these people.

http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/

This supplier has carriers for sale separately, you might try them? Ask do they do fronts.

http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/#!/shop/HONDA/JAZZ/04-08/JAZZ%201.2%20i-DSI%20Models%20%281243cc%29/Rear%20-%20Brake%20Calipers%20and%20Wheel%20cylinders

If not, then Lingshonda have them for an eyewatering 375 per side, for a kit. The diagram shows the kit.

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SAA401&block_02=B__2200&block_03=20178
Forgive my ignorance does the kit include the caliper?

guest4675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 10:55:59 AM »
Ok tried the parts gateway route and think I've hopefully found some from a breakers for £85 having them sent to the Garage I use for them to check they are what they need. Fingers crossed now.

guest4078

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 10:42:59 PM »
OK, good well done. Best of luck with that.
Yes the kit looks like it has caliper and carrier. It is everything included in the bottom part of the exploded diagram.

guest4675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 01:03:34 PM »
OK, good well done. Best of luck with that.
Yes the kit looks like it has caliper and carrier. It is everything included in the bottom part of the exploded diagram.
In the meantime I got a quote from Honda for the work. Are you sat down. £883!!!

lexi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 i shift V TEC
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 09:59:09 PM »

So the caliper carrier frames are what?  Rusted out?  I haven't come across that on other cars or even very old Honda's.  Maybe the threads are crossed or stripped and the slider bush bolts cannot be screwed home.  Ask for clarification. 

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »
   So the caliper carrier frames are what?  Rusted out?  I haven't come across that on other cars or even very old Honda's.  Maybe the threads are crossed or stripped and the slider bush bolts cannot be screwed home.  Ask for clarification. 

As Lexi says, sounds like something was either cross threaded, overtightened and stripped or wasn't tightened properly or the concertina gaiters damaged or not fitted properly allowing water to get in,  never seen a problem like this on any of my Cars. would be nice to see pictures if available ??  When you get brake pads from Honda they supply new bolts with a blue coating, which is a thread lock compound to stop bolts coming loose, it is bad practice to re-use bolts on brakes.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »
Bit fed up not really been getting anywhere with local independent garage so think I'm going to get Honda to take a look think they will have seen more Jazz issues than my garage seems to have. Obviously I won't be paying Honda to fix the car though.

guest4675

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 06:04:38 PM »
So finally it looks like I've got to the bottom of my creaking issue. After having my strut mounts, drop links an inner and outer CV joint and after Honda did that last bit (inner CV joint which they where going to change me £400+ which also didn't solve they issue so they didn't charge me for it) it appears a bolt was missing on the subframe and my lower suspension arm needs to be replaced.) hopefully that's the end of that now for the next year or so!

Tags:

anything