Author Topic: Window washers not working  (Read 11446 times)

guest3101

Window washers not working
« on: January 10, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »
Hello, have a 55 plate jazz. Have an intermittent problem with window washers. Or at least it was intermittent, seems to be terminal now. Basically the front windscreen washers do not work. Can't hear the motor. Back window washer works ok. And wipers work normally , so that rules out a fuse right? Wipers and washers on same fuse?

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Window washers not working
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 05:30:04 PM »
Front and rear wipers each has its own fuse - both are in cabin fusebox below and to right of steering column - 
F6 is 20 amps for front wiper and both pumps, F12 is 7.5 amps for rear wiper motor only. They are 'mini' size fuses.

Front and rear wiper each have their own pumps, but as above fed from one fuse (F6), so if wiper is working it may just be a faulty connection to pump or the pump gone - both pumps are directly below washer bottle behind the under-arch plastic.   
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:52:17 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest3101

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:33:13 AM »
Thanks

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 08:02:40 AM »
If you don't have a new pump I'm assuming that because the front and rear pumps are next door neighbours you may be able to swap the electrical plug and pipe from one to the other and get front washer working, otherwise you can try the shock tactics of giving the pump a sharp tap as recommended by other posters who have cured their pump by doing that.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5207

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 08:41:11 PM »
I had a similar issue with a Vauxhall Astra and it was because the electrical motor wasn't grounded properly

guest5328

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »
Re windscreen washer/squirter not working and no pump noise - I just thought I would share the following for checking.

1. The fuse seems to be shared with wipers and is under dash near steering wheel. Little pull out handle marked fuse with a map on the inside.

2. On mine - the problem was a plug connecter next to the pump motor which just needed pressing in. Access by going to RHS wheel arch and pulling flexible plastic inside cover just behind front bumper. A small torch is useful. Look for light green plug.

Tags:

anything