Author Topic: Door mirrors  (Read 1969 times)

guest1803

Door mirrors
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:34 AM »
Does anybody know if there is a way of making the electric door mirrors fold in automatically when the ignition is switched off (and back out when switched on )

guest806

• Topic Starter
Re: Door mirrors
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:20:04 PM »
Nope, but it would be a good enhancement.  Also to drop slightly when selecting reverse. :)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Door mirrors
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 07:27:21 AM »
I agree that on most cars a slight drop on the left door mirror would be useful, however I feel that the Jazz door mirrors are large enough to cope with.

If you are parked on the side of the road and you have a pedestrian walking towards you from behind they should be just above the centre of the mirror heightwise (so the mirror is slightly down), we don't want to be plane spotting. Left to right you should just be able to see enough of the car to see what colour the car is, why do we need to look at the door?

Realistically you will see part of the door handle on the passenger door (just a slither), your rear wheel is in line with this, if you have a  small gap between the door handle and the kerb when reversing you are very close to the kerb.

Keep looking out the back though !

Oz

Tags: