Author Topic: Start/Stop not activating (battery symbol)  (Read 19829 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Start/Stop not activating (battery symbol)
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2021, 07:31:21 AM »
There’s a comprehensive list of inhibiting factors in the handbook. Not heard of (or experienced) “after reversing” and I’m not going to try driving without the seatbelt!

Diagnosing it isn’t helped by the incorrect indications on the display, for example:
1. When ventilation is directed to the screen, you get the A/C symbol as the reason for it not working. In fact stop-start works perfectly well with the A/C if the vent is directed elsewhere (that's manual A/C, not climate control).
2. In cold weather I get the low battery indication as the reason, which is rubbish because I know the battery and charging systems are in good condition. There is a criterion of “low battery internal temperature” which I think the car interprets as low voltage so that’s what the display shows.

I find it works perfectly well through most of the year, but hardly at all from about now through to March or April. From that I’m guessing that the biggest factor is ambient temperature, even in typically mild UK winter conditions, which can of course affect the car in all kinds of ways.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2021, 07:43:36 AM »
I attach the full list of parameters which can upset the stop-start system (it says HR-V (Mk 2) but is the same for the Mk 3 Jazz.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2021, 09:23:07 AM »
I attach the full list of parameters which can upset the stop-start system (it says HR-V (Mk 2) but is the same for the Mk 3 Jazz.

Just love some of those. Under the heading "Climate Control System", you find such gems as:
"Outside air temperature is
or less."
(A number would be helpful!) and

"When the climate control unit ruins the
indoor amenity. "
(Errr ... what?)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2021, 01:05:38 PM »
That's very interesting listing!

It looks like my assumption "after reversing" was actually because of another criteria: "Does not exceed 5 km/h after ... engine restart from idle stop."

Seat belt seems to be on the list. I don't bother buckling after stopping on mailbox when I drive to my yard. And idle stop never stops the engine when stopping the car at final parking place.

I would say that my car won't restart when brake pedal is released, at least if the parking brake is on.

If anybody has whatever reason to fool the system and prevent engine from starting after idle stop, it can be done by engaging a gear (manual transmission) without pressing the clutch pedal. I've used it sometimes on drive-in queue.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:19:41 PM by TnTkr »

SteveiD

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Sport 1.5 CVT
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2021, 11:14:56 AM »
Recently had the same come up on mine. Battery bit cleared now but have you noticed in the owners manual that it will not work if you have the heater set to screen demist? Quite sensible really because you don't to be pulling away with the screen fogged up!!

Tags:

anything