Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Big Increase in Prices of Second Hand Cars ?
« Last post by Philno on Today at 07:31:51 PM »
Hi All
This March I bought a Jazz 2018 SE (Manual drive), from Cazoo online for 9200 with approx 13000 on the clock. So far I have been very pleased with it indeed. It came in great condition. Love the Magic Seats!

Just out of curiosity, I've just had another look on the Cazoo website to see the current prices on SE Jazz's.
There were 3 or 4 SE models for sale of the same year , condition, manual drive and  similar mileage and the prices have shot up to 12500 plus!
Also they have started to charge a 75 home delivery charge on top. This was free for me in March.
I think this is the only car I've ever bought that has appreciated in price rather than depreciated! 
What weird times we are living in! I'm not complaining though. I'm glad I bought it sooner rather than later!

Even the Start/Stop feature on it started working OK when the outside temperature increased later in the Spring!
(Not that I'm much bothered about it, mind you!)
Take care,all

Phil
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Older drivers should be spared prosecution
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 07:21:24 PM »
Older drivers should be spared prosecution if they run red lights, drive too slowly or go in the wrong motorway lane, a government-funded road safety report has recommended.
The Older Drivers Task Force says assessments of driving skills should be offered to all motorists aged 70 and above in the UK who are caught committing offences instead of facing legal penalties.

Seems like a reasonable idea. Then they can go on to be culled by pulling out of a country lane onto an A road and getting sideswiped by a fast car, as so often seems to be the case. Another two deaths in Scotland this week appears to be that scenario.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Hydrogen Yaris
« Last post by trebor1652 on Today at 07:19:32 PM »
I also have seen that JCB are working in the same direction.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Check tyre pressures
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 07:14:45 PM »
I always have this one on board:

Ultimate Speed Mini Compressor, 12 V and only 15.99 (Lidl) Does the job already for many, many years.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: scraping noise
« Last post by Roman on Today at 06:54:26 PM »
This sound came also in ACC mode when car in Neutral and someone wo not want to power on car to moove it for 1 meter pushing  car by hands  :D
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:40:05 PM »
Britannia Rescue have reported EV vehicles have far more wheel and tyre problems than conventional vehicles.
This is another example of worthless statistics. They say that more than twice as many call-outs to EVs are for wheel and tyre issues as for ICE cars. However, if EVs are more than twice as mechanically reliable as ICE vehicles then it stands to reason that wheels and tyres would play a bigger part in the EV percentage. I am not saying they are not harder on tyres but the statistics published are just gobbledygook.
If of 1,000 EV cars they were called out to 360 had tyre problems that is 36%. However, if they were called out to 2500 ICE cars, and 400 had tyre problems then that is 16% of ICE cars. You could say that apart from more or less equal tyre issues EVs are 3.28 times more reliable than ICE cars! Worthless statistics.
Lies, damned lies and statistics.
« Last post by Roman on Today at 06:39:19 PM »
Aaa, not read this post sorry, actually I use similar one from Xiaomi (now need batteries replacement)
and bezior portable https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bezior-Portable-Compressor-Inflator-Motorcycles/dp/B091BY73DZ
Only 2 problems with them - acumulators not last forever (they have lithium ion 18650 connected in series without balancing them, so after some time of use them get unbalanced so when one fully charged or overcharged second one still not have enough charge) and they slow in comparison with 12v compressors.
I using them without quick connector, only need to press compressor tube agains tyre air valve when unscrew to reduce pressure loss.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 06:14:03 PM »
I had a screw on one many years ago and it was fine, but it broke.

I then bought a Michelin one about 7 or 8 years ago and I just couldn't remove it without losing loads of air.

Hopefully the Ring one is OK.

I have had a Michelin dual barrel footpump with screw on adaptor for many years now and it is fine, and the pressure gauge a decent size and pretty much spot-on with my Race-X gauge

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000VZ8S26/
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: ACC update
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 06:13:12 PM »
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 06:03:15 PM »
But we have compressor supplied with car, this one we  that have can be used without puncture repair bootle as regular compressor, pretty silent, fast and with accurate pressure meter.

Yes, quite right, so I could have used it. But see the second paragraph of my post. Guilty of a senior moment. Going forward, I prefer to have a cordless solution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10