Author Topic: Last query I promise - taxing car no logbook!  (Read 2213 times)

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
Re: Last query I promise - taxing car no logbook!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2023, 10:31:57 AM »
Thanks Kremmen. Never heard of dealer keeping spsre until car paid for but understand it!
Jocko, should have asked, did you have keycode for spare key or did mobile manage without? (Admit read that part of message wrong-thought number you were given was key no not tel no!). Thanks.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2023, 11:30:05 AM »
I have not had a second key made yet but seemingly the guy can interrogate the key/fob and get the necessary codes from it. The key with pipper is quite expensive (about £150, half that for a straight key) but the car has a function whereby you can remotely open the boot and as soon as you close it again, it locks. I can see myself putting shopping in and laying the keys down then shutting the boot - and it locks!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2023, 12:38:25 PM »
Fortunately the MK4 refuses to lock if it detects a key still inside.
Let's be careful out there !

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2023, 05:28:12 PM »
Hi Kremmen, I take from your comment 'Fortunately the MK4 refuses to lock if it detects a key still inside.' I take 2013 is a MK4?!
OK, so just to close and finish the epi(c)log! The pre inspection went fine. Found split wiper blade at rear, bulb for rear registration not working and slightly too much oil. Total cost for check and repairs - £55.00.
He also found slightly rusted pipe connected to aircon. No gas escaping and not an urgent repair-air con working properly. Quoted £180 for this & get done in time. One thing he did say was that 'it drives beautifully' & suppose that is what I want. Peripheries can be done in time.
Whilst 'attempting' to put items back in the boot it was little wet and further found small puddle at lowest point under the spare wheel. I noticed wet/drops of water in the foam spare wheel cover & dealer said that most likely from the sanitation preparation car goes through, as do all their cars. So I dried off as best I could at home on my knees and will check again when able. However, I have read that water ingress from a couple of areas is quite common in jazz. Had nothing of this in my now (old) jazz. Again, repairs seem quite easy but impossible to even tackle at this time of year. Esp reair under the roof rack trim and where panel sealant cracks with age etc. If ingress via light cluster, may have to get garage to do. Could water be getting in from anywhere else?
Amazed at how quick the demisting works on this model and mucking abot with settng to get to know how to work. Also set favourite radio stations. On that point how do I get the serial no? Have looked up ways and putting key to position no 2, not turning engine on, pressing 1 & 6 togethre and turning radio on gives me 'Diag' on radio display! I want the serial no for the code in case of when I get new Yuasa battery 4 or 5 yr guarantee, to be on safe side!
No doubt there will be more general questions and queries although should know due to driving jazz for 7 years, but learnt no 2 jazzes are ever the same! This would be boring. Many thanks all  ;D

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2023, 06:47:11 PM »
2013 is a Mk3. The new electric drive Jazz and Crosstar are Mk4s.
My spare wheel well on the Fabia had a lot of water in it and I partially put it down to the car being pressure washed when valeted. Since I dried it out I have had no re-occurrence.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2023, 06:54:15 PM »
2013 is a Mk3. The new electric drive Jazz and Crosstar are Mk4s.
My spare wheel well on the Fabia had a lot of water in it and I partially put it down to the car being pressure washed when valeted. Since I dried it out I have had no re-occurrence.

2013 is a Mk2 actually Jocko. Not sure when the Mk3 launched but I think it was after that, maybe 2015.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2023, 06:59:12 PM »
You are correct. 2015 was the start of the Mk3. I only ever had a Mk1.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2023, 07:02:25 PM »
In 2013 I bought a 2005 Mk1 for my son, which my younger son still uses (on about 140,000 miles now). I drove it a bit and liked it so got myself a 2012 Mk2 to replace my company CRV. Wish I’d kept that Jazz.

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2023, 12:50:16 PM »
Thanks Guys, so better not lock key in car then :o
Also thinking about water in wheel well could be same reason pressure wash. Hoping today not gonna be drizzle but guess what! Will take wheel and store on double rear seat when pushed forward and take jack out, clean and dry well and see what results!
Ooh another one - do all jazz models have the front seats car mat retaining clips?
Cheers.

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2023, 07:40:45 PM »
Well (literally), had some rain last night and boot bone dry. Only know as had to out everything back together as Gson seat needed putting back. Boot dry & no sign of drips or trail that I could see! Spent 30 mins plus cleaning single rear seat behind driver so carseat replaced.
Now need to get car to my level of satisfactory cleanliness & exterior done!  Gonna take few days at least.
Thank you to everybody who replied, posted, commented and advised. Much, much appreciation.

TonyH

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2023, 08:45:37 PM »
Do keep us posted on the day to day with the new car - especially the auto box...
I'm still on the lookout, but can relax a bit now as my auto Nissan Note sailed through the MOT, so I have another year should I wish to hold off and see prices drop (hopefully).... ???

Spencer69

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2023, 11:53:27 AM »
TonyH, Will do certainly. Glad you have option of waiting for 12 months as prides should've stabilised by then. Say this due to few hours reading done by number mags and writers considering this and affect over Europe.
I really didn't have any option and needed automatic. Only other motor would've considered been a Toyota auris, but favoured jazz. (least can say have also upgraded from cat c to cat n  ;) ). And have to agree that even overpaid but that sane as everyone buying at moment, bloody premiums.
At least insurance only increased £20.00, so when renewal come around should still be little cheaper, maybe if prices keep same, but inflation  :o
Loved nissan micra auto I had as 'co car' it was then boss's wife's. A 1 litre auto that if drive round town, kept in D2, and acc to the floor (18/19 yrs of age) Loved that car and took some punishment. Can even remember the reg!
Keep you updated on auto but don't reckon probs as said, mechanic have used for past decade + said 'drives beautifully' and have grown up since my teens...30 yrs and some! Take it easy and keep saving.

Tags:

anything