Author Topic: Boot floor concerns  (Read 3749 times)

supersnipe

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 Jazz SE
Boot floor concerns
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »
Hi, I joined the forum today. I've had a Mk1, then a Mk2 which I have just traded in for a Mk3, first registered May 2017. Collecting it next week, but I'm very concerned about threads which suggest that the boot floor is weak. As a gardener, I usually position a petrol engined rotary mower ( it doesn't have a roller, so is not as heavy as some ) behind the driver's seat, with an old duvet in place to protect the seat. My new car has no spare wheel of any description, just the can of material which is intended to inflate a punctured tyre. I didn't closely inspect the area beneath the boot floor, I just assumed it would be adequately supported, as the previous two Jazzes have been superb load carriers. Can anyone please offer any comments? My first two Jazzes have been excellent in every respect, but I'm now very worried that I've chosen the wrong car for my needs.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: Boot floor concerns
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:36:13 AM »
I've carried loads of stuff, including a mower.  Never had an issue.

supersnipe

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 11:43:13 AM »
Thank you very much. I have been so worried, but your reply is very reassuring.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
The boot floor is well-supported as long as you keep the polystyrene support structure in place, which reduces the underfloor storage space.

supersnipe

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 12:28:35 PM »
Thank you for your advice, I'll certainly do that. I've never needed to use underfloor storage, as the upper area is like a warehouse on wheels! The Mk2 swallowed up a telescopic tree lopper, mower, strimmer and a variety of hand tools, and thanks to a good quality boot liner, the load area is still as good as the day I took delivery.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 12:34:36 PM »
I think the boot floor complaints are from people who have bought  after market spare wheel kits or full size spare wheels which do not come with the plastic under floor supports that the OE spare wheel kit comes with.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:36:20 PM by Deeps »

supersnipe

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 02:22:54 PM »
Yes, very possibly. I feel much happier about it thanks to people like yourself who have kindly offered informed opinions. Thank you!

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 10:58:39 AM »
I think the boot floor complaints are from people who have bought  after market spare wheel kits or full size spare wheels which do not come with the plastic under floor supports that the OE spare wheel kit comes with.
Also from people who owned a previous model and made use of the carpeted under floor storage area and convenient cargo netting area.

I keep the rear wheels of my golf trolley, boxes of golf balls, golfing shoes and tyre pump under there. That leaves just enough room in the boot itself for my golf bag, folded trolley and trolley battery. I cut the polystyrene filler up ages ago and threw it away. I solved the weak floor problem with a piece of MDF. Being a little irked at this cheap 'upgrade' from the Mk2 I scrawled - 'Thanks a lot Honda' on it.

>:(

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 11:19:10 AM »
Maybe you should have compared the MK3 Jazz with its current competitors instead of an obsolete Jazz.

Bubcay

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz VTI MY15 3-rd gen
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 11:30:06 AM »
Hi, I joined the forum today. I've had a Mk1, then a Mk2 which I have just traded in for a Mk3, first registered May 2017. Collecting it next week, but I'm very concerned about threads which suggest that the boot floor is weak. As a gardener, I usually position a petrol engined rotary mower ( it doesn't have a roller, so is not as heavy as some ) behind the driver's seat, with an old duvet in place to protect the seat. My new car has no spare wheel of any description, just the can of material which is intended to inflate a punctured tyre. I didn't closely inspect the area beneath the boot floor, I just assumed it would be adequately supported, as the previous two Jazzes have been superb load carriers. Can anyone please offer any comments? My first two Jazzes have been excellent in every respect, but I'm now very worried that I've chosen the wrong car for my needs.
A few days ago I transported almost whole sofa bed from IKEA in my Jazz, mostly in the boot and had absolutely no issues. Solid as a rock. Love my MK3 Jazz....

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

supersnipe

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 03:45:39 PM »
Thank you for your comments. Collecting my Mk3 tomorrow. I'll check that the moulded polystyrene is supplied, and hopefully I'll love my third Jazz as much as the first two!

Tags: