Author Topic: New Seat Covers  (Read 2048 times)

johnnixon

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz ES
New Seat Covers
« on: October 14, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »
I see this topic has come up in the past, but wouldn't answer my current problem. Have just changed to a newer Jazz (2014), and want to cover the seats, pending a new dog. In the past I've changed them (the seat covers, that is) every year, and have found a reasonable fit at Halfords, entailing a bit of my clumsy stitching to fit around the Magic Seats in the back. A visit to their store today shows they no longer specify a car model application list, and the type I used to get (I think it was Ripspeed) now don't do a split rear seat, which would entail much more sewing than I want to do. Anyone know of a decently fitting fabric set available, with split rear seats, please? (could I add, affordable - <£70) (body colour is Milano Red, though a black and grey set would be just as good). Thanks for any advice

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift

johnnixon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
Re: New Seat Covers
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:02:52 AM »
Thanks for your trouble 123Drive. Unfortunately not for Jazz (CRV and Insight) and only one-piece rear seat, so still looking, but good to hear from you.

Kind regards
John

johnnixon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
Dear 123 Drive - my apologies - went back to the Ebay site, and you were right - it does include Jazz! However, still hoping to find one which splits one-third/two-thirds on back seat.
Cheers
John

guest5079

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 09:11:11 AM »
Have you thought of Ali Express. I can never understand the way they think but then I am computer ignorant. However there is an awful lot of stuff made for the  'FIT'. and having bought a dashboard mat from them would not hesitate dealing with them again.

johnnixon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 05:57:57 PM »
Thanks for that, auntyneddy. They certainly seem to do seat covers which are the right size, and also state they can fit  a 60/40 split rear seat back (but not the seat bottom). At the same time, they seem to be indicating that the seat back and seat bottom are each provided with a single piece of fabric. However, that leaves my clumsy hands with a lot of sewing to do, so will keep this idea on the backburner in case a more complete rear seat cover comes up soon.
Kind regards
John

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 08:19:13 AM »
No worries, mate! I thought the back rest was 2/3 split-according to the photo. But I guess not the base therefore can't perform the Magic Seat function. May be message the seller and ask if they have some thing you need.

In the mean time, have you thought about Scotchgard and protect the rear seats plus use CarPlan Interior Valet to clean them. For about £10, it's a cheap way of looking after the seats. I done it on my two cars and once we drop a cup of coffee and it just remain on the surface! 
I do this once a year but I guess you can do this every 6 mths if you have a dog. Homebase used to sell the Scotchgard.

Talking about seats, I was tempted to buy a set leather seats for £300 from a 2014 Jazz on eBay! If it wasn't for my insurance renewal, I would have definitely consider it as I want to keep my Jazz as long as possible.

Tags:

anything