Author Topic: Anuvver nooby  (Read 3274 times)

desthemoaner

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC ES
Anuvver nooby
« on: January 27, 2018, 05:02:17 PM »
Hi All,
brand new Jazz owner here. Traded in my Ford B Max with Powershift only yesterday for a Jazz 1.4 VTEC ES, 2013 plate with just over 13k miles. First impressions really good so far, with one or two SLIGHT reservations, now that we've moved beyond test drive mode.

1) Slightly notchy gearbox. Never misses gear, but the upward gearchange movement of the manual box is a bit clunky.

2) Rather more road noise than I expected, though could be due to the generally poor state of the roads in this part of North Wales. Certainly quieter across surfaces than the Ford, but thumps unexpectedly when going over small potholes and patch repairs.

Lots of plusses, but we'll come to those later.  :D

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Anuvver nooby
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 05:38:23 PM »
Hi All,
brand new Jazz owner here. Traded in my Ford B Max with Powershift only yesterday for a Jazz 1.4 VTEC ES, 2013 plate with just over 13k miles. First impressions really good so far, with one or two SLIGHT reservations, now that we've moved beyond test drive mode.

1) Slightly notchy gearbox. Never misses gear, but the upward gearchange movement of the manual box is a bit clunky.

2) Rather more road noise than I expected, though could be due to the generally poor state of the roads in this part of North Wales. Certainly quieter across surfaces than the Ford, but thumps unexpectedly when going over small potholes and patch repairs.

Lots of plusses, but we'll come to those later.  :D

welcome to forum,  plenty of info on here..

Road noise is caused by tyres - plenty of posts on here about quieter tyres.

Maybe your gearbox needs an oil change (although not needed in schedule until 70,000 miles) - the Jazz gearbox is the best around, lovely and light and positive,  you have to be sure not to force the gearlever and  'fight the gate' - just push the gear lever gently into position, also make sure clutch pedal is going down far enough as a dragging clutch can make gear-change harder.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:54:02 PM »
Welcome. And +1 for what culzean says.

desthemoaner

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC ES
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 05:59:41 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Its about seven months since I last drove a manual gearbox, so plenty of time to experiment and get used to this one. The car has four good tyres, all Michelins, but I think they may be the original covers fitted when the car was new and a couple of them will need changing soon.

Hopefully new tyres will make a difference.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

guest7359

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
Hi and welcome from another new member.