Author Topic: Air conditioning  (Read 3022 times)

guest8810

Re: Air conditioning
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 05:09:44 PM »
I am at present sitting in my local Honda sale room etc, Awaiting completion of 3rd year service and 1st MOT,
I have just been informed that I should have air conditioning serviced at £65.00. Car has done just over 10000 miles,I have declined there kind offer.
Any observations would be really useful. thank you.

Many many thanks to you all for the observations and suggestions.
I have finally come to the decision to part company from this Honda Dealer and in fact all Honda Dealers now that my warranty period has expired.
What a bunch of conniving characters, so I am off to pastures new with our Jazz to a local long standing garage that I can trust, one where no person slithers alongside whilst you are waiting waving documents saying this and that is recommended sign here etc etc.
Finally free from the glossy showrooms with free coffee I of course use the word FREE very loosely. Crumb's what a lovely feeling.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 07:06:06 PM »
i hope you independant garage will change your cvt with origional honda fluid every two years or you might start to have problems (you could always buy it and take it to the indepentant garage at service time)

guest8810

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 08:47:46 AM »
i hope you independant garage will change your cvt with origional honda fluid every two years or you might start to have problems (you could always buy it and take it to the indepentant garage at service time)

How thoughtful of you to warn me of this impending disaster thank you.
However my Independent garage services our other jazz perfectly adequate and has done so for many years including my Wife’s previous jazz.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2021, 04:29:07 PM »
The recent warm weather has shown that my 5 year-old A/C is not as good as it was.  The system uses R1234yf coolant, and local garages all quote £130 for servicing it, compared to £60 for the old R1234a coolant.  The labour content must be the same.  Is the coolant really so expensive?  Has anyone found a cheaper solution?

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2021, 06:02:45 PM »
Yes, YF is about four times the price of A.

Tags: