Author Topic: Honda still can't get cabin ventilation right  (Read 30865 times)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Honda still can't get cabin ventilation right
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2016, 06:26:12 PM »
At least there's a vent position that is screen+feet. Hopefully I can leave it set to that. It's a shame that the system can't do something like that automatically though.

Ventilation in a car is a very personal thing for a lot of people, my wife can feel draughts that NASA couldn't detect with their most sensitive draughtometer - she often messes with various vent positions to get rid of the air that is blowing on her sensitive ear or neck - this often means turning screen air vents off.

My wife is identical...

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »
Sensitive ears and necks.
Courting must have been fun.😀😋😁

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

WesleyLau99

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GD
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 03:59:02 PM »
Get A Pingi reusable car dehumidifier may help.

madasafish

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 05:02:04 PM »
Sensitive ears and necks.
Courting must have been fun.😀😋😁

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Ahh happy days... ;D

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 05:03:32 PM »
I think the problem of misting up occurs in the period before the heater produces hot air. This misting can be cleared with the air con if the ambient temperature is above the air con cut out temperature. If the air con is not available due to low ambient temperature you need heat to clear the mist. If you have not got either dry or hot air (or both) you get mist. Heavy breathing does not help either! :-)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:20:17 PM by Deeps »

pb82gh3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC Si
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2016, 10:25:34 AM »
Another factor contributing to misting can be the interior plastics degassing. You may think the inside of the screen is clean, but constant degassing of the plastics e.g. dash pollutes the surface of the glass, so frequent thorough cleaning, even if it already looks clean, is recommended. I've no idea whether Hondas or Jazzes in particular are better or worse than other cars in this respect. Also don't get me started on what we might all be breathing in.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2016, 10:45:48 AM »
Another factor contributing to misting can be the interior plastics degassing. You may think the inside of the screen is clean, but constant degassing of the plastics e.g. dash pollutes the surface of the glass, so frequent thorough cleaning, even if it already looks clean, is recommended. I've no idea whether Hondas or Jazzes in particular are better or worse than other cars in this respect. Also don't get me started on what we might all be breathing in.

As well as the plastic gassing off,  all the polish you put on dash can evaporate / gas off in  sunshine and stick to inside of windscreen as well,  leaving a near invisible film that will encourage misting up and the film is hard to removed with 'normal' screen cleaners (try meths or even white spirit and see the muck that comes off),
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

madasafish

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2016, 11:22:33 AM »
I clean windows inside with a solution of warm water and vinegar and a microfibre cloth. Removes all grease etc..

I also add vinegar to wash'nwax for external washing... Dry with artificial chamois.. sparkling result with minimal effort.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
I clean windows inside with a solution of warm water and vinegar and a microfibre cloth. Removes all grease etc..

I also add vinegar to wash'nwax for external washing... Dry with artificial chamois.. sparkling result with minimal effort.

vinegar contains alcohol which is like using meths (which is good for grease etc.) - most window cleaners add vinegar to their bucket, vinegar also has acetic acid which is a good descaler (will also work with hard water to soften it) and cleaner.

I add meths to washer bottle as it gets most things off screen and also acts as anti-freeze
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 03:33:33 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »
Setting the vent position to 'screen+feet' seems to have resolved it. I can't remember if I tried that with the Mk2 or not. So the problem may well just be with the 'auto' setting which never sends any air to the windscreen.

madasafish

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »

I add meths to washer bottle as it gets most things off screen and also acts as anti-freeze

Waste of good meths  :P

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 06:08:42 PM »

Why is it Hondas fault? They give you air con, heating, fresh or recirculated air, air outlets, and even opening Windows, all you have to do is use them to achieve the desired effect. I think it is down to operator error.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 06:12:56 PM »
Why is it Hondas fault? They give you air con, heating, fresh or recirculated air, air outlets, and even opening Windows, all you have to do is use them to achieve the desired effect. I think it is down to operator error.
They failed to make the automatic setting clever enough to see that the windscreen was misting up and needed special action.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
They failed to make the automatic setting clever enough to see that the windscreen was misting up and needed special action.

My last three cars have had auto climate control, they all had an internal temperature and humidity sensor. My Jazz has manual HVAC so I don't have a problem, I set it how I want it. One of the reasons I did not buy an EX. Does the EX have an internal humidity sensor? My previous cars had a small fan which pulled air across the sensors behind a grille like the one to the left of the steering column.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 07:19:12 PM by Deeps »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2016, 07:17:33 PM »
The climate control version on the Jazz also has inside temperature and humidity sensors. The vent that feeds them is on the dash panel to the right of the radio I believe.
Perhaps the humidity sensor should be closer to the windscreen.
 I run my auto system manually as it is not capable of putting the air flow where I want it or at what speed I want but you can still dial the required temperature in.

Vic.

Tags:

anything