Author Topic: keyless entry module replacement.  (Read 2383 times)

ltrisotti

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SE CVT
keyless entry module replacement.
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:11:09 PM »
Good evening everyone,

I would like to seek for some advise if possible.

I got a little 58plate Jazz SE CVT, recently the central locking has been playing up - not lock or unlock via the key fob, I have changed the batteries in both keys but still not working :(

After taking it to the local dealership they quoted me a job for replacing the keyless entry module (part no 38385-SAA-G01) at £298

I have checked on ebay for a 2nd hand module it's only £25ish

Just trying to same some cash here, is that a job I can do myself by replacing this module part? or does it require tech guys to programme/code it to work with my car/key fob??

Many thanks in advance.

Louis

guest1372

Re: keyless entry module replacement.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 05:53:20 PM »
I'm slightly surprised that this is faulty but if this is the culprit then it's not much trouble to swap it over.
I have a spare module taken from 07 car at my other house, and could send you that one next week if you wish.  It doesn't take too much effort to reach it's location but it does need fairly dexterous fingertips to release the metal clip holding it to the body.  The module is a bit smaller than a cigarette packet and it slides over a metal tang fixed to the body.
If you remove the wider suround from the fuse box cover you then insert your hand and reach upwards and towards the area in front of the drivers door you should just be able to depress the tang with your fingertips and slide the box off it, once unclipped the cable is long enough to pull the box down where it can be unplugged, you might need to give it an extra tug if there is a cable tidy restraining it.

Pairing the remote fobs with the receiver is an easy job (ignition on, click, off X3). The receiver is connected to the guages control unit which is where I believe certain values are stored in memory so re-pairing the fobs may not even be necessary.
--
TG

ltrisotti

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 07:34:26 PM »
Hi TG

Thanks for your reply, to be honest I dont know much about car nor DIY without a video step by step guide.
At the dealership all did was show them the problem they took the car to the workshop had a look, half hour later they gave me a quote for replace of 38385-SAA-G01. again without having any knowledge for cars, I can only take their words for it.

If you have a spare one, I would love to buy it off you. I'll try find some video on youtube or something fix it.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 07:41:05 PM »
Even taking TG's part to an auto electrician would also be an option that would be cheaper than the dealer.

Tags: