Author Topic: Harry and Megan  (Read 3326 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Harry and Megan
« on: November 29, 2017, 02:43:34 PM »
Must get my eyes tested,  I misread the latest Royal headlines - I thought it said

'Prince Harry to marry Megan Merkel',  I thought it was the latest Brexit
ploy to get Germany on our side and maybe save us a bit of money,  but with
Angela M having a few political problems lately it is probably better if he marries
an American rather than one of the Chancellors relatives.

Harrys dad wishes him well   as shown in this article from Rochdale Herald
https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/11/27/hewitt-thrilled-at-prince-harrys-engagement/

There are some other spoofing articles in Rochdale Herald, although a lot of them lack
the authenticity of the one in link.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:43:26 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
Re: Harry and Megan
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 04:02:21 PM »
Harrys dad wishes him well   as shown in this article from Rochdale Herald
https://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/11/27/hewitt-thrilled-at-prince-harrys-engagement/

Thanks, that brightened up my day, as did the pie factory article in other news.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »
Aaaargh... not on here too!  :o

culzean

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 06:28:47 PM »
Aaaargh... not on here too!  :o

Get used to it, for next 6 months it will overshadow everything,  dissected in minute detail.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 06:41:34 PM »
I'm sick of it already.  ::)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 08:07:26 PM »
She is going to do her citizenship exam. God, I hope she doesn't fail!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 09:12:48 AM »
I hope she does  ;D Does she have to go and sit the test with all the other hopefuls?

Mind you, if they have any sense, they'll cash in their immense wealth and go live somewhere better than this. Do us all a favour.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:19:47 AM by sparky Paul »

culzean

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 03:45:18 PM »
I hope she does  ;D Does she have to go and sit the test with all the other hopefuls?

I rather think she will get a 'waiver' - would be too embarrassing if she still hadn't passed it in time for wedding :o

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 04:36:51 PM »
I rather think she will get a 'waiver' - would be too embarrassing if she still hadn't passed it in time for wedding :o

She won't be a British Citizen by the time they get married.  There is no need for her to get citizenship in order to remain compliant with immigration laws.

My Daughter-in-Law is American and is just embarking on the first stages of family visa application and once she has that she will need to reside in the UK for at least 3 years before applying for citizenship.

guest4871

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »

She won't be a British Citizen by the time they get married.  There is no need for her to get citizenship in order to remain compliant with immigration laws.

My Daughter-in-Law is American and is just embarking on the first stages of family visa application and once she has that she will need to reside in the UK for at least 3 years before applying for citizenship.

Yes, but I thought it was five years. If they have children, and the eldest is born in the States and if William's family were wiped out (lots of ifs), we could have a multi racial (although Obama called himself black) American King or Queen of the United Kingdom who could also by birth become President of the United States. So much for the American War of Independence.

culzean

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »
Megan Markle the former  American actress has morphed into a coat salesperson LOL.

Oops, apparently she has an h in Meghan .....
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:04:26 PM by culzean »

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 10:58:41 AM »

I'm on to you ColinS. You are actually Prince Charles aren't you!  You don't drive a Jazz at all, you have someone drive it for you.  ;)

culzean

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 01:32:35 PM »

I doubt the normal citizenship will apply when you are marrying a Prince of the Realm LOL (even though they may pretend it does) - as I said it will be a waive through.  We need more people selling coats in UK anyway.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5011237/meghan-markle-wears-line-the-label-white-belted-coat-to-engagement-announcement-and-causes-the-canadian-brands-website-to-crash/

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »

I'm on to you ColinS. You are actually Prince Charles aren't you!  You don't drive a Jazz at all, you have someone drive it for you.  ;)

Damn, rumbled!

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5011237/meghan-markle-wears-line-the-label-white-belted-coat-to-engagement-announcement-and-causes-the-canadian-brands-website-to-crash/

Culzean, you were always to me a master of wit and repartee, a harbinger of valued news and arbiter of good taste.

But now, in one thread, you have brought the place down to the level of the tabloid press and revealed yourself as a Sun reader. Next thing you'll be telling me you're parked up in a drive in Greggs eating a sausage roll and a steak bake.

Tags:

anything