Author Topic: Stupidity.  (Read 3475 times)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Stupidity.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 09:13:47 PM »
That reverse looked a bit vulnerable to me, opposite 5th... fortunately, I'm not used to a 6 speed 'box.

MikeG1944

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT SE 2008
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 07:53:26 AM »
Would appear so Jocko; Get a CVT LOL.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:54:59 AM by MikeG1944 »

guest5079

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 09:24:44 AM »
Poor old Jocko had a senior moment, so, we all do at a certain age but what I saw yesterday would be an insult to stupidity.
I try and steer clear of the A30 in the school holidays. I have to use it once a fortnight no choice but yesterday, my other half needed a product only available locally at Bodmin. 25 miles away. Well for the past week, I think they have had something to do with surfing at Newquay.
Not wishing to upset the surfers my only contact with them has been negative. It all ended Sunday so Monday they were all off home.
The A30 was busy basically two lanes all moving at 70 mph and if a lorry got in the way it was more like a game of skittles. A Mk1 Jazz had been my tail end charley for many miles until he was quite literally pushed out of the way by a Vauxhall Astra loaded and dangerous by 4 young males. Not content with travelling at around 70mph, a car on the inside indicated left, said Astra straight into the inside lane and proceeded to overtake on the inside at considerably higher speed than the outside lane. How he missed to poor chump turning left I don't know but then the Astra coming up against the slower traffic did a right into the path of a car in the outside lane and so the Astra ' made progress' That was lunacy not stupidity.
How about a KIER Large Transit type  van with a trailer carrying a coil of electricity cable using it's bulk travelling at well into the upper 70's. ( in case it is not known nationwide KIER seems to be the flavour of the month with people like the Dept Transport. KIER was the contractor for the A30 widening.)
They are talking of allowing learners onto the motorways, how they will do it here with the nearest motorway 45 miles away I know not. BUT how about the 'P' system that other countries have. Pass their test then a year with a 'P' plate that could include M driving. Whilst I am doing some conscientious new drivers down it does  seem many forget everything once they get that pass. Yes I am a grumpy old man.

Tags: